Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hydrangea recommendation?

Posted by smdmt z5 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 15:07

Moved to Niwot in May and perennial bed ready to plant. I want to put in a hygrangea. Any suggestions?
I've searched for a shorter variety and come up with Little Lime. Anyone planted one of those here?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hydrangea recommendation?

I don't have that one but my Little Bombshell lives in a big pot and has done fine. The flowers are white. Had it now for only 2 years but it has stayed short so far, less than 2 ft.

Little Lime seems to be fairly new so that may be why you have not gotten much response yet.

o
RE: hydrangea recommendation?

Annabelle Hydrangeas do GREAT around here! I got that tip from some Colorado gardening book and I've been extremely happy with them. Once I "transplanted" a bunch after I seperated them to make new starts. We were moving so I didn't have time to amend the soild etc. The next year I had about 20+ new starts growing well. I kept them going most of the spring but w/o a sprinkler system on them and way too much to do on our exterior they died from shear neglect.

The more shade the better and average water and they'll do great.

BTW the ones from above I got from HD for around $1 because they looked dead. I brought them back to life, planted them in my front yard. People would stop and admire them for years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here