Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zacharys

It's that time...

From what I can tell, for me at least, I am in the last leg of the season. I'm slowly but surely getting everything cleaned up and ready for next year. Nearly everything is done. I pulled out the onions last week, and they are under the deck drying out (hopefully-if not for all the rain). My beans are dying back and also (hopefully) drying out. My cucumbers are now in the throws of PM (it happens every year about this time for me) and I'm down the last couple harvests of my determinate tomatoes. The peppers keep putting on new blossoms and new fruit, but, I don't think we'll be getting any more red ones before frost.

I wasn't even going to can anything this year. But, I did get tired of composting otherwise good tomatoes and cumbers because we couldn't eat them fast enough and my neighbors are tired of my "sharing" lol. So, I peeled and canned some whole tomatoes, and made a good amount of salsa and pickles are in the works as we speak. Here's paying for a good long Indian summer to give my late planted stuff more time and maybe, just maybe my indeterminate tomatoes will ripen haha. Soon we all be thumbing through seed catalogs by the fire.

Comments (5)