Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jillybillyg

Can I plant a tree now to replace my dying peach tree?

jillybillyg
14 years ago

Hi everyone. I haven't been on in awhile, I hope you all are great. Can you guys believe it's August already? I hope you all have been having a fabulous summer so far.

My Problem:

This spring we had to remove and replace a few trees. The trunks looked like they were covered in black mold and fuzzy scale bugs. If you pinched the fuzzy looking scale bugs they would bleed. So last year I purchased tons of lady bugs and the scales disappeared but came back this spring. So we removed them. Now the peach tree leaves have all turned yellow from the veins outward. The bark is covered in sap. I think it's a goner. I don't know if it's dying from the same problem or not. It's about 7 years old. It was one of those fruit cocktail trees that I purchased from a online company. Only the peach grafts worked. Last year we did get a ton of peaches. This year we barely got any leaves, no flowers or fruit, so I want to remove it. Is it to late to plant anything this year? I'd love to replace with another fruit tree but now am scared of it getting the same disease or pest. I can't use pesticide as my neighbor raises honey bees and I'm scared to death of pesticides. Would love to hear any and all advice.

Jilly Billy

Comments (7)