Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Let's talk Fall Swap!

Posted by luckybottom Five in colorado (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 16:40

Date is undetermined.
Location is undetermined.
Who is coming and what they are bring is . . .undermined.

At the spring swap, I mentioned that Terry & I would love to host a fall get together up here in northern parts at Kersey. Then someone said that there was someone else that wanted to host this fall.

I can not find on the forum any references for any of this topic, so someone want to get this ball rolling besides me?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Let's talk Fall Swap!

You read my mind, Bonnie! I mentioned the swaps a few weeks ago when welcoming a new poster. I've not heard of another volunteer. It is time to plan the fall swap. I've been looking at things that need dividing.

I'm biased, your place is perfect for swaps if you're willing to host!

If someone else had their heart set on hosting a fall swap, let's hope they chime in. If they don't, what dates work?

Barb

o

Well, even if just you and I get together, it will be fun. The ONLY day we can not in September is the13th. And nothing in October works. So that leaves lots of Sunday's and Saturdays in September to choice from.

I have a few things that could be divided, but one thing you get to see at our place is some baby horses. We had three colts born this spring and they are growing and getting really animated this summer.

o

• Posted by skybird z5, Denver, CO (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 16, 14 at 12:29

I'm gonna be Flewin' The Coop out of Denver for a little bit, but anything after Sept. 6 works for me! I remember somebody talking about having it at their place too, Lucky, but I don't have a clue who it was! If they don't show up soon, go for it! I'd love to come up to see your place again! It's a little far for the people who live down on the south end--but SO worth the drive, in my opinion! God's Good Earth!

I might not have time to reply, but I'll be checking RMG every now and then while I'm trippin', and know that if it's after the 6th, wherever it is, I'll be there!

Thanks for starting the thread, Bonnie!

Skybird

o

We're going to Yellowstone in September, the second week, so ideally for me would be the 20th or 27th... and Bonnie, we'd LOVE to come see the place if nobody else steps up to host. Love seeing those young'uns!

o

Let's bump this back up. It's been a week since the original post. Does anyone know who else offered to host?

I can't do September 7th or the 20th, but any other September weekend day is good for me.

I've divided and potted up some Blue Spruce sedum and am eying some Anemone sylvestris that have spread over the last few years and are swap worthy. I've started buying tulip bulbs and usually have more than I need, so I'll bring some of them as well.

Are we ready to call this and move forward with planning?

Barb

o

I agree with Barb, we need to get this settled so we can get to planning!

Alright then, I think it makes sense that Bonnie hosts on the date of her choice. If a Saturday, it seems like the 27th is the only one that hasn't been shot down yet.

Bonnie, what say you? Take it from here!

o

Well, lets go for it. Saturday the 27th at McClure Ranch works for us.

o

I don't know what I have for trade. I'll try to work up a few items. But I really don't want to miss seeing your beautiful property and those precious foals. I haven't been near a baby horse in a long time. Too long!

o

Excited about the fall swap because this spring was my first swap I attended Cant wait!! Now to get a look at what I may have =)

o

So exciting to have more being able to attend.

I will have a few things to swap, but mostly anyone attending can pretty much take what they need for starts out of my yard.

This is one item that is free to a good home. The cushions were shot but the seating is not too bad for as old as it is.

o

Oh, Bonnie, I want them if nobody else speaks up! I was wanting a lounge chair this summer and didn't have one. Poor poor pitiful me, huh?
I think I know a few things I'll have, but we should probably start a new thread for what else we're bringing?

o

If things are decided will you update the original post?

I hope to bring some strawberry starts of Direktor Paul Wallbaum. I only have 6 at the moment. They are medium-sized, very flavorful, heirloom, June-bearing.

For bee-keepers only I have a couple of Bee Bee seedlings. They are Evodia daniellii or Korean Evodia.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here