Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luckybottom

Let's talk Fall Swap!

luckybottom
9 years ago

Date is undetermined.
Location is undetermined.
Who is coming and what they are bring is . . .undermined.

At the spring swap, I mentioned that Terry & I would love to host a fall get together up here in northern parts at Kersey. Then someone said that there was someone else that wanted to host this fall.

I can not find on the forum any references for any of this topic, so someone want to get this ball rolling besides me?

Comments (12)

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    9 years ago

You read my mind, Bonnie! I mentioned the swaps a few weeks ago when welcoming a new poster. I've not heard of another volunteer. It is time to plan the fall swap. I've been looking at things that need dividing.

I'm biased, your place is perfect for swaps if you're willing to host!

If someone else had their heart set on hosting a fall swap, let's hope they chime in. If they don't, what dates work?

Barb

• luckybottom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, even if just you and I get together, it will be fun. The ONLY day we can not in September is the13th. And nothing in October works. So that leaves lots of Sunday's and Saturdays in September to choice from.

I have a few things that could be divided, but one thing you get to see at our place is some baby horses. We had three colts born this spring and they are growing and getting really animated this summer.

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    9 years ago

I'm gonna be Flewin' The Coop out of Denver for a little bit, but anything after Sept. 6 works for me! I remember somebody talking about having it at their place too, Lucky, but I don't have a clue who it was! If they don't show up soon, go for it! I'd love to come up to see your place again! It's a little far for the people who live down on the south end--but SO worth the drive, in my opinion! God's Good Earth!

I might not have time to reply, but I'll be checking RMG every now and then while I'm trippin', and know that if it's after the 6th, wherever it is, I'll be there!

Thanks for starting the thread, Bonnie!

Skybird

• mayberrygardener
    9 years ago

We're going to Yellowstone in September, the second week, so ideally for me would be the 20th or 27th... and Bonnie, we'd LOVE to come see the place if nobody else steps up to host. Love seeing those young'uns!

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    9 years ago

Let's bump this back up. It's been a week since the original post. Does anyone know who else offered to host?

I can't do September 7th or the 20th, but any other September weekend day is good for me.

I've divided and potted up some Blue Spruce sedum and am eying some Anemone sylvestris that have spread over the last few years and are swap worthy. I've started buying tulip bulbs and usually have more than I need, so I'll bring some of them as well.

Are we ready to call this and move forward with planning?

Barb

• mayberrygardener
    9 years ago

I agree with Barb, we need to get this settled so we can get to planning!

Alright then, I think it makes sense that Bonnie hosts on the date of her choice. If a Saturday, it seems like the 27th is the only one that hasn't been shot down yet.

Bonnie, what say you? Take it from here!

• luckybottom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, lets go for it. Saturday the 27th at McClure Ranch works for us.

• popmama (Colorado, USDA z5)
    9 years ago

I don't know what I have for trade. I'll try to work up a few items. But I really don't want to miss seeing your beautiful property and those precious foals. I haven't been near a baby horse in a long time. Too long!

• vlselz
    9 years ago

Excited about the fall swap because this spring was my first swap I attended Cant wait!! Now to get a look at what I may have =)

• luckybottom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

So exciting to have more being able to attend.

I will have a few things to swap, but mostly anyone attending can pretty much take what they need for starts out of my yard.

This is one item that is free to a good home. The cushions were shot but the seating is not too bad for as old as it is.

• mayberrygardener
    9 years ago

Oh, Bonnie, I want them if nobody else speaks up! I was wanting a lounge chair this summer and didn't have one. Poor poor pitiful me, huh?
    I think I know a few things I'll have, but we should probably start a new thread for what else we're bringing?

• milehighgirl
    9 years ago

If things are decided will you update the original post?

I hope to bring some strawberry starts of Direktor Paul Wallbaum. I only have 6 at the moment. They are medium-sized, very flavorful, heirloom, June-bearing.

For bee-keepers only I have a couple of Bee Bee seedlings. They are Evodia daniellii or Korean Evodia.