Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bpgreen

New source for native grass seeds

bpgreen
14 years ago

I found Wheatland West Seed just the other day and called them today. They're only a few miles away, so I thought I might be able to save shipping if I can pick the seeds up myself.

I asked if I could buy small quantities and briefly explained what I'm doing, then commented that I've only watered 4 times so far this year. There was a pause and then he asked me if he heard correctly and if I really said 4 times this year (and not this week or this month). I admitted that I've got some spots that are dormant, but he was still pretty impressed.

After we talked a little more, and I told him why I wanted to make my own mix instead of using their cabin mix (the cabin mix has streambank wheatgrass where I want western wheatgrass) and I described how the different grasses were coming along, I'm not only going to save on shipping, but also on gas money. He wants to see somebody who is doing this in a residential lawn setting (they're marketing to people who want to leave it unmowed) so he'll deliver the seeds if I show him my lawn.

Comments (2)