Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall Wedding - What Grows Wild in Vail?

Posted by westy1941 z5 NO IL (cdwestg@att.net) on
Tue, Sep 7, 10 at 0:07

Daughter wants as much indigenous greenery/flowers in her wedding bouquet as possible. What grows at that elevation that might be pretty or interesting? I don't think she even cares if it's a weed. Thistles? Poppies? I'm in the Midwest so have no clue....

Any help much appreciated. Would rather not deal with florists but...might have to give in. She lives in Boulder...and freaking out about the fire!

Westy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall Wedding - What Grows Wild in Vail?

Hi Westy,

Welcome to RMG! I grew up in Arlington Heights! Have lived out here since '64, and don't plan to ever leave again---at least not till they take me back to HUMID Illinois to bury me! :-)

I can't give you specific recommendations about what might be blooming out there now/in fall, but I think you might find the help you need if you call the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens---in Vail. If you explain your situation, I bet they'd have somebody who could give you some good advice.

And while you're out there for the wedding, you might want to stop by for a nice walk! The price is right! It's free!

Boulder's safe from the fire! Might be getting some nasty smoke and ash fall, but no fire! (But a lot of people out in the hills have had their houses burn down!)

I hope she/you have a perfect wedding,
Skybird

Here is a link that might be useful: Betty Ford Alpine Gardens

o

Wow! That's the fastest response on GW I think I've ever had! (I'm a hosta forum regular)...how did you know I'm in Chicagoland? (Crystal Lake)..and SICK of the humidity!!!! You're an angel for sending me this info...had no idea this Alpine Garden existed and we've been to Vail several times...
Thanks again...I'll definitely take your advice.

Westy

PS We will be moving there - hopefully soon! She's preggers.

o

Welcome and congratulations on the wedding and pregnancy!!!

J.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here