Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
digit_gw

Time for Them to Go!

digit
12 years ago

By myself, I've been eating at least one beefsteak everyday, lately.

The kitchen has been filled with the smell of fresh tomatoes for a couple of weeks. There's no way to keep up with them any longer!

{{gwi:1222364}}

Quite a few Orange Minsk in the mix this year. I'd hoped for an excuse to replace it since the big, sprawling plant produced so poorly in 2010 but it is trying to redeem itself this year. There is a good number of the medium-sized Dusky Rose in the mix. DW now claims that Dusky Rose is her favorite tomato! I'm afraid I haven't gotten my fair share of Kellogg's Breakfast out of the fresh basket. I mistake their orange color for an unripe tomato. DW is a little more discerning but there are more of them and EVERYTHING on the vines!

Simple around here: just cook the tomatoes down, adding basil late. Cook some onions separately, some batches with ground beef/some without. Add spices while the onions are cooking, mix with the tomatoes, place mixture in quart ziplock bags, and into the freezer they go!

I think a few of these Sterling Whites would be good in there:

{{gwi:1214948}}

Steve

who carries the clock around so he doesn't forget to stir the pots every 3 or 4 minutes

Comments (5)