Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
treebarb

Food Post - RMG Fall Swap, Kersey

Luckybottom has asked me to start a thread for food. It looks like we're covered for plates, cups, utinsils, napkins, etc.

You can bring whatever you like, your favorite go-to pot-luck dish or try out something new. It looks like there will be 10 to 15 of us. Please bring a serving spoon with your dish.

Lucky said she will make something savory.
If Misty can come she is bring cheese and spreads.
I'll go sweet and bring caramel pull apart bread (monkey bread).

When you know what you're bringing, please post a follow up message below so we have some idea what's coming and what might be needed.

Thanks, all. A week to go!

Barb

Comments (8)

• luckybottom
    9 years ago

Looks like a perfect fall day to swap next Saturday. Here is the forecast:

Saturday Sep 27 Sunny (Clear)
    Hi:82ðLo:57ð
    Sunny. High 82F and low 57F. Winds E at 6 mph.

We will cook something on the open pit fire. Maybe burgers with my homemade sweet relish.

• mayberrygardener
    9 years ago

We'll bring teas, both herbal and regular iced tea varieties. YAY, I can't wait!
    I should probably see if I can find something to make with fresh tomatoes, good grief I hope I'm not the only one swimming in them! Maybe a tomato salad of some variety... Unless you all are sick of them by now?

• cocrazywoman
    9 years ago

Hi,
    I'd like to participate. I'm in Thornton. I have seeds, cuttings and plants to swap. I'm really interested in Tuberous Begonias right now, but I love everything!! I sent email to luckybottom.
    I can bring homemade scones!
    Thanks!

• luckybottom
    9 years ago

Here is the revised and updated list. You should have gotten an email with directions. Call or email if you have any questions:

Catnohat x1
    skybird x1
    vlselz x1
    nancy x1
    mayberrygardner x2
    tree barb x2
    mistywoods x2
    flowerridge x2
    polygonum_tinctorium x3
    gimancini x3
    popmama x3

Please send an email if you don't see your handle on the above list and want to attend. bonnie

• flowerridge
    9 years ago

Love potlucks! but never know what to bring. Put me down for something savory. I'll probably decide as I'm in the grocery store!

This is going to be a great Saturday!

• popmama (Colorado, USDA z5)
    9 years ago

We'll be bringing homemade fried rice and maybe something else.

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    9 years ago

Lucky, thanks for adding me to the list! I've been trying to find time to get back here, but have been really busy since I got home from trippin'! I assume you're assuming this, but I still have the directions, so don't need an email or anything.

And thanks for posting the names so I can get a close count. I'll be bringing the "numbers" for picking and want to be sure I have enough, so if there's any major increase in the number of people coming, post it and I'll bring more. I always bring more than I expect there to be people, so if it's just one or two more people, no problem. Including you guys, I'm counting 23 as of now. It's conceivable that I'll be bringing one person, but I really don't think so at the point--will let you know if she decides to come!

I'll bring a sign-in sheet too. Is there anything you need that isn't being brought by somebody at this point? [Thanks for doing the name badges! I was planning to bring some, but I'm out right now and now I don't need to find time to get some!]

Food! I don't know! I'm leaning toward banana bread--with chocolate chips in it! More of a dessert type thing!

Just four more days,
    Skybird

• polygonum_tinctorium
    9 years ago

I'm pretty sure we'll be bringing mochi again!