Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hello Dahlia! Yes Hello, Dahlia.

Posted by digit ID/WA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 13:40

Yesterday morning. (It is something of a stormy day but I will see if I can get some pictures of individual blooms today. ;o)

Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hello Dahlia! Yes Hello, Dahlia.

Forgot the camera! Here are a couple of cellphone photo's:

photo downsize_zpse3abfbf3.jpg

photo downsize_zps82301f0c.jpg

Feel free to add some dahlia pictures or info of your own!

Steve

o

Digit,

I've nothing to add to your fantastic pics but my admiration! Every year I put dahlias out and every year the grasshoppers completely destroy them within 48 hours. They are one of my favorite plants, but I've accepted that I can't have them at this location. Thank you for letting me appreciate yours!

Barb

o

They are beautiful! Barb gave me one at the spring swap, but it didn't do anything. I love them, but have never had them because I'm a bit afraid of having to dig them up in the fall ect... Yours make me want to try again!

~Cat

o

Beautiful pictures. I planted 3 this year and they didn't come up. My friend said I should have dug them up and checked the tuber. Didn't. She is having her open house this week with 800 dahlias.
She sells the tubers in the Spring and people can tell her which ones they like when they come and look and place an order in advance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here