Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
b2alicia

Fall Swap Details- 9/28/13 -11:00am - tables, food, etc.

b2alicia
10 years ago

Wow, only 5 days away!

Getting LOTS of replies! YIPPEE!!

Who can bring folding tables? How many? Thinking about 5-6 long tables, or 7-8 card tables.

Who can bring chairs? How many? 20- 30?

Food? Ideas?
(FYI- as a last resort, the Domino's opens at 10:00am, and could deliver. )

Comments (26)

• lizbest1
    10 years ago

I've got 10 stacking patio chairs, 2 folding card tables and a small, light weight wrought iron table I can bring. I'm good with whatever food decision is made.

• catnohat
    10 years ago

My mother in law passed away, and I am not going to be able to make the swap. Have a great time everyone!

~Cat

• timothynelson53
    10 years ago

Where will the fall swap be held?

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    10 years ago

So sorry for your loss, Cat. We'll be thinking of you, and we'll try to be sure the spring swap is on a day you can come.

Skybird

P.S. Timothy, if you see this, go to the link below for more info, and if you want to come Private Message your email address to B2alicia so she can send you the address.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swap thread

• b2alicia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Liz!

That will be great!

• mstywoods
    10 years ago

So I'm up for going in on pizza together like b2alicia suggested - that would be different and easy! We could all bring a treat for dessert, too.

But also up for bringing a dish as well - pasta salad is what I have in mind.

So what's the vote on food?!

Marj

• b2alicia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Amester,

Hi ! I saw your post. If you click on my name, it will open my profile page. At the top on the right, there's an option that says "send me an email". If you click on that, you can send an email to me from garden web, and I will reply back with my address and phone number.

Looking forward to seeing you! And so glad you can come early.. with helpers? That would be wonderful.

Do you have any folding tables? card tables? folding chairs? (I know I should put this in the other thread, in fact, I might just copy it over there.) :)

• popmama (Colorado, USDA z5)
    10 years ago

Not much but I've got a couple of camp chairs I am planning to bring.

My friend and I were going to bring some food, but pizza is fine too. I'll bring some cash to chip in.

I was out in the garden tonight digging up plants to bring. I'll try to do some more tomorrow night.

• amester
    10 years ago

I'm so busy digging plants and trying to manage the rest of my life that I would happily take a pass on trying to prep food. I'll chip in for pizza and maybe bring a pan of brownies along, if everyone's ok with the pizza plan. I'll keep my eyes open for Domino's coupons, too! :)

• kvenkat
    10 years ago

No one has mentioned drinks. I won't have time to cook anything so I will happily bring soda, lemonade, water, cups and ice.

Sound good?

• lizbest1
    10 years ago

Sounds great! I have a stack of paper plates and napkins left over from a neighborhood get together, I'll toss those in the truck, too, so no one has to buy any. Chipping in for pizza sounds like a low stress option, leaves more time to dig/divide more plants!!!

• nunchucks
    10 years ago

Betty, I just sent you a gardenweb mail. Haven't had time to check-in...crazy work!! I will see you all tomorrow and I would be happy to bring a quiche as well or I mentioned to Betty...let me know the head count, I can bring a salad to go with the pizza instead. What would everyone prefer? Quiche or salad? I already have the ingredients...it wont matter with me since I've already dug up the plants I'll be bringing last weekend.

• kvenkat
    10 years ago

one vote for salad! :-)
    See you all tomorrow!

• milehighgirl
    10 years ago

Me thinks we may need something warm tomorrow. This may be more of a tail-gate affair. Betty, is there a chance you have an outdoor plug for say a crock pot?

• polygonum_tinctorium
    10 years ago

Would anyone be willing to send me the address and/or phone number where the swap is being held? I still don't have it.

You can send me a private message through gardenweb. Some of you already have my e-mail address if someone can send it directly.

b2alicia: Either you're not getting my messages or I'm not getting your replies. If you are reading this, please try again? Or let me know that there is an issue and we can try a different way to get me the info.

Thanks!

• amester
    10 years ago

I'll bring some Ghirardelli brownies and vote for salad too.
    Kvenkat and Lizin - you guys think of everything! Well done! :)

• b2alicia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi poly! So sorry it didn't go through!

Hmm.. I'll send it again. Please let me know if you don't get it.

• b2alicia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Great!

Looks like about 20 people are coming, and votes say pizza and salad are the low-stress winner!

I'm having a math block though..20 people times 2-3 slices equals 4 pizzas? Is that right? $80 divided by 20 would about $4 each, right?
    I also have lots and lots of zip lock bags, so I'm hoping to send home leftovers!

Domino's lets you order online, so I thought I would submit the order tonight. How's this:
    -one large pepperoni
    -one large cheese
    -one large veggie
    -one large chicken

Any other burning desires?

You can also indicate what time you want the delivery.
    How about 11:15?
    That way they can look at the order tonight, say "Oh my goodness! Call in the extra workers!"
    Or they can reply and say they're not able to fill the order. (Surely not?)

Opinions? Comments? If not, I'll put in the order around 8:00 pm.
    Thanks!

• b2alicia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi kvenkat,
    --- I have a whole pack of water bottles, and Monday is my recycle pick-up day. So no need to bring water.
    But the lemonade and soda sounds good.

Thanks!

• milehighgirl
    10 years ago

b2alicia,

I think you will need to double that. 20 people eating an average of 3.5 slices will be 8.75 pizzas.

If we ordered from Costco that would save a lot of dough.

• b2alicia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi milehighgirl!

I rechecked my figures, and checked the delivery menu. My estimate of $20 was based on when I do a custom order with special stuff on it, etc.
    I checked for a regular large pepperoni and it's $11 something. The delivery fee is $2.50 for one pizza or 6 pizzas.

The cost of 7 pizzas was $90 something, so that works out to $5 per person. (I will happily limit myself to one slice.)
    I just won't be able to get to Costco's before the swap, and the delivery worked out so much easier for me.

What do you think?

• popmama (Colorado, USDA z5)
    10 years ago

Sounds fine to me, but that doesn't leave much for a tip. I'd be happy to chip in extra for the tip. Unless you think the pizza person would accept a lovely potted perennial. Haha.

• mstywoods
    10 years ago

Me, too - I'll add extra for a tip. I'm bringing a dessert as well :)

Marj

• nunchucks
    10 years ago

Order of salad for 20 coming up tomorrow. Betty, I am sure you are busy, did you receive my PM with my email address? I haven't received anything from you and nothing in my Spam box. Or can someone PM me the address for the swap tomorrow. Thanks! See you all tomorrow

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    10 years ago

SugarAlice,

If you still use a yahoo address I just sent it to you.

Skybird

• nunchucks
    10 years ago

Everyone, I'll be coming with salad plants and all around 11.30. See you soon