Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mstywoods

Great Swap - thanks B2alicia!

mstywoods
10 years ago

Just got home from the swap, and wanted to say a big thank you to Betty for hosting! Such a lovely place to have the swap :) The pizza idea was really great as well, and the treats and salad people brought rounded every thing out nicely.

Will enjoy planting my new garden plants this weekend! Thanks to everyone for the great selections you brought, and for the hard work in getting them cut/potted/tagged, etc.!!

Tim - sorry that you had to go before we finally got around to the swapping. Hope you are able to make the spring swap and we can try to get to the swapping part sooner!

Cat - so sorry to hear of your loss. You were in our thoughts today.

Treebarb - so sorry that you weren't able to make it, and to hear that you were impacted by the floods. And so sad to hear about one of your horses passing.

Marj

Comments (11)

• polygonum_tinctorium
    10 years ago

Yes, thank you very much to all. b2alicia, thank you for hosting. Your gardens are beautiful. Thank you to all who brought food and drinks to add to the pizza. It was all much appreciated.

Thank you to all who shared plants. My gardens will benefit, and I will pass along any extra plants to other friends who garden.

Absent friends from previous swaps were missed. I hope that Life treats you better so that you can attend the next swap.

Until next time...

• popmama (Colorado, USDA z5)
    10 years ago

Thank you all for such a nice swap. Special thanks to b2alicia for hosting in her lovely back yard.

I got some nice plants and hopefully all the ones I brought will have a good home. It feels good to share!

• b2alicia
    10 years ago

First, thank you all for putting up with my doggies! I expected Percy (the big one) to behave well, but the new white puppy is like a loaded cannon, and I didn't really know what to expect. So I appreciate all of your tolerance with his antics.

Thanks SO MUCH to everyone for bringing tables and chairs! and doing the set-up! That was really more than I could handle by the time the swap started, and you all were just champs... greatly appreciated.

I'm always so impressed and humbled by the wealth of knowledge shared by the gardeners in this group! I never really had anywhere to play in the dirt until I moved to this house, and I've been grateful for all I've learned from you.

Msty- thanks so much for the coneflower and showing me what the seeds are like! They're in their new home, and I hope they'll be very happy there.

And Msty, thanks so much to you and Amester for coming early to help me. Amester, your geranium is in its new home, and I hope it will like it!

Skybird - thanks for bringing all your cuttings, and wealth of information, and your camera! I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Popmoma- your friend's daughter was ADORABLE with the puppy! I wish I could have filmed them in action, and shared it with her mom. Thanks also for your yum yum mix, and the hostas! and the malva sylvestris! They are tucked into their new homes and I hope they like it here. :)

Tim- it was nice meeting you! And thank you for the lamb's ears (yes?) And I am also sorry you had to leave before the actual swap started. Also, I am wondering if a white plastic lawn chair belongs to you. It was left behind after the swap.

Sugaralice- Thank you so much for that incredibly yummy avocado salad! Do you live nearby? Can I buy another salad from you?? :)

Gardenfiend- thanks for the pretty mum that will go just great along my front walk.
    *** And thanks for thinking of bringing the card that we all signed. I have it here at home and will be happy to mail it, but I do not have the address.

Also thanks for all the other yummy treats that people brought for desserts, and the drinks, etc. I think the pizzas were an ok idea for a change. Altogether the 7 pizzas cost $96.00 including tax, and there were lots of leftovers. I collected $66.00 from the group, and I used ten of that for the tip. So if anyone feels that they can contribute a little more, it would be appreciated. Even if not, I still came out ahead! with all my wonderful new plants! And great new wealth of gardening info.

Happy week!
    Betty

• milehighgirl
    10 years ago

Betty,

Thank you for hosting the swap. I've picked spots for the plants but have only gotten the sedum and popmama's great-grandma's hosta in the ground.

Thank you all for everything. I will work on getting more to share next spring.

BTW: I had wanted some milkweed seed and walked away without. Who brought it, and can I send you a SASE for some seed?

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    10 years ago

Thank you for hosting the swap this time, B2. It was really nice to see your backyard in person after seeing your pics online!

Be sure to post some pics of the sedums in your "Virginia Creeper (no more) corner" next summer. I really think you're gonna be amazed how they take off next spring!

I'll try to get the pics I took in the computer so I can post them in the next week, but may not be able to get it done for a couple weeks! Right now I'm helping my friend who was supposed to be getting married in Boulder Canyon in less than two weeks! Needless to say everything with the wedding changed VERY suddenly, and there's very little time now to get everything done for the new venue! So if I don't get it done before her wedding, I'll be sure to get to it as soon as the wedding's over.

Thanks for a fun day,
    Skybird

P.S. Tim! Next time you come to a swap, if you have to leave before we do the actual swapping, tell us you need to leave! NOBODY should leave empty-handed, and we'll make sure you get to pick some things to take with you! Glad you came and really hope you'll come to future swaps!

• mstywoods
    Original Author
    10 years ago

milehighgirl - that was me who brought the showy milkweed seeds :) Send me your address in a PM and I'll mail some to you - unless you live close by. I live about 10 min. from where b2alicia lives - are you nearby? I also work in Broomfield, in the Interlocken business park. If that's closer to you, we could meet up around there.

b2alicia - I'd be happy to give you more $$ towards the pizza purchase. Send me a PM and maybe I can just swing by to bring to you, or we can meet somewhere!

• nunchucks
    10 years ago

Betty! Thanks so much for hosting. Your beautiful garden was just the right spot for the swap. I'll mail you a check but I need to know your full name to make it out too LOL! if you're up in this neck of the woods, let me know and I'll fix you a nice salad. I am glad everyone enjoyed it. Thanks for all the lovely plants. Most of everything except for the sedums and hens and chicks are already tucked into their new home in the hell strip which the remainder was completed yesterday: just in time for the impending cold weather. Also for reference, the Maltese Cross ( Lychnis Chalcedonica ) a pic of mine still blooming. I am sure whomever picked those up have already googled it!

• milehighgirl
    10 years ago

amester,

Thank you for the white iris. I looked on Iris4u and the one I had wanted, the one with fragrance, is called "French Perfume". Do you remember what yours was?

Here is a link that might be useful: French Perfume

10 years ago

Hi all,

The wedding is over and now I'm trying to get caught up with picture stuff! Here are the pics from the swap!

Don't remember what was going on in this one, but it sure does look like I was being accused of something!!! ;-D

That's the best ones! There are a few more, and if anybody would like a link to the full album, PM me and I'll send it to you privately. I don't put "full album" links online.

Thanks for the memories.....

Skybird

• b2alicia
    10 years ago

Thank you so much, skybird , for taking, and showing the pictures!

What a gorgeous day that was. And such a lovely group of swappers! I sure enjoyed seeing everyone, and later on when it's dark and dreary, it will be so nice to look back and see the pics again.

Wow, just a few weeks makes such a difference, with everything so bare and brown now. Seems like it will be forever before the trees are green again!

ps--I'd love to see the full album, skybird, if you get a chance to send it. Thanks!

10 years ago

Just sent you a link to the album, B2!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner