Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mstywoods

swiss chard lovers?!

mstywoods
13 years ago

I mentioned in a couple of posts that we have been growing Swiss Chard, and have a bunch of it. I'm bringing some harvested leaves to the fall swap tomorrow, but wanted to find out if there are any people coming that REALLY love it - 'cause I can bring a bunch more if there are definite takers! Let me know!!

Also, if there are any people on the list that live near Westminster and who would like to come pick some, send me an email and I'll give you my address.

I hate to waste it, and we find we can't eat it all (my husband decided to grow it without ever having eaten it before, and turns out he doesn't care for it :^D)and have kind of saturated our co-workers and neighbors with it.

Thanks!

Marj

Comments (6)

• kvenkat
    13 years ago

I'll be at the Swap. We have a small family but can take two bunches to help ya out.
    Thanks!

Kim

• kvenkat
    13 years ago

We enjoyed the Swiss chard. It was cooked Indian-style with a coconut sauce. Very good! The last was finished up yesterday. Thanks again!

• mstywoods
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Glad you enjoyed it! Mmmm - that sounds yummy!! If your in the Westminster area soon, got tons more of it for a little while longer ;^D

Marj

• david52 Zone 6
    13 years ago

One of my favorite dishes is wilted chard, onion and Thai peanut sauce.
    I too have chard coming out of my ears.

• gjmancini
    13 years ago

Hi Marg,

I havent tried Chard, but Im in Westminster, Ill take some off your hands.

Gloria M

• mstywoods
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Gloria. Super! When do you think you'd like to stop by? I'll send you a PM so I can give you my address and phone number.

Marj