Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can plants sense their surroundings and other life? READ

Posted by Bob_In_Colorado 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 1, 12 at 20:33

Ok so I'm a bit of a science geek, and although this is dated, I think it kind of ties into today theories of quantum physics.

Do plants react when we are happy or sad, to sounds, to the way that other life forms around it feel?

Many of you may remember the old show, In Search Of...
This was their first episode and tackles just these questions.
"In Search Of... Other voices"

Some interesting stuff. It's about 23 mins. The green thumb test is fascinating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0_QAYeBq98&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can plants sense their surroundings and other life? READ

Thanks for posting this, Bob.

I came on RMG today to share the link below. Hope it is okay to put something here about perverse Cucumber Tendrils. It is kind of a similar theme and even sounds a bit naughty, eh?

BTW - when those table lights came out that were supposed to turn on/off when someone touched the plant growing in the attached pot, my neighbor bought one. She claimed that I was the only person to get the thing to work. I noticed that the light, pot & plant disappeared only a few days after I performed my amazing stunt . . .

Steve

Click on the "Unwinding the Cucumber Tendril Mystery" box:

Here is a link that might be useful: Science Friday

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here