Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gjmancini

Fall Swap

gjmancini
13 years ago

Thank you Char for hosting, it was wonderful. Thank you Karen for all the wonderful daylillies. Thank you all for everything.Jen, we missed you. I gave your iris' away, but I have lots for you next time i see you. Im sorry you couldnt make it. I have been a busy bee trying to get things into the ground. Another great event.

gloria

Comments (7)

• mstywoods
    13 years ago

What a great day for the swap - just right! Thank you Charlene, for letting us converge on your home - you did a super hostess job! I think everyone enjoyed touring your great vege garden as well :^)

Thanks to all for the great plants you brought! Can't wait to get mine into their new "homes".

Skybird and Jen - we missed you. Skybird - all your plants found happy homes. I'll get your trays back to you some time before the spring swap!

• polygonum_tinctorium
    13 years ago

Thanks, Charlene, for hosting the swap again. The weather was perfect, and so was the event. It was good to see everyone. I'm sorry that not everyone could make it. Maybe next time...

Thank you to everyone who brought plants to swap. We are busily stuffing everything into likely spots. We'll see which survive, which get eaten, and so on.

Happy gardening, everyone!

• col_sprg_maters
    13 years ago

Thanks much to all for making our first swap so enjoyable.
    Great Hosting, great food, outstanding participants and wonderful swapping of plants.

Me and DW thank all.

D

• flower_garden
    13 years ago

I want to thank everyone, too. It was a fun time in a very beautiful setting. Thank you, Charlene, for hosting and to everyone for the wonderful plants...I would've posted sooner but I've been too busy planting! :)

Trish

• amester
    13 years ago

MASSIVE PROPS to Skybird for all of her hard work potting up and labeling so many goodies. And Mstywoods, it would have been for nothing without you - thank you, thank you for taking care of the plants and bringing them to us!

It was great to see everyone, I love this group.

Already looking forward to spring... :)

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    13 years ago

Hi guys,

So glad to hear everybody had a good time again---but I knew you all would! I'm still looking for the pictures! Am I missing them here somewhere? This is only the second time I've been able to get online since I left DEN on the 7th! The first time was very briefly, but I tried to look over all the threads.

I'm glad you were able to get everything safely there, Misty, tho I had no doubt you'd take good care of them fo that week. Thank you again so much for coming to pick them up to get them to the swap! I REALLY appreciate your taking the time to do it. When I'm back to Denver and heading over toward your neck of the woods, I'll email and maybe I can stop by to pick up the trays to save you a trip to bring them back.

I'm sitting on the deck of the "Ranch House," the office of the cabins where I'm staying on this, the last two days of my vacation---which are purely R & R! The Poma Ranch I'm on is in the Weminuche Valley, 25 miles northwest of Pagosa Springs---a river runs thru it---and it's pure heaven! No TV, no radio, no cell phones---just the sound of silence! Right now a big thunder storm is passing over the mountains at the end of the valley, and I have the perfect seat to watch it and listen to it. I brought some sedum cuttings, some hen & chicks starts, and some seeds along for the owner, and she and I are going for a walk around the lake tomorrow so I can identify some of the wild flowers for her so she can transplant them next to the cabins. It'll be a slow, quiet walk, and I'm expecting to have a great time.

Looks like the storm is moving this way now, so I'm gonna post this and sign off so I can get back to my cabin before the rain starts!

Watch for Bonnie's winter Seed Exchange thread next, and then the Spring Swap thread coming up after the beginning of the year!

Skybird

P.S. Whoops! Too late! It's raining!

• mstywoods
    13 years ago

Glad to do it, Skybird! Any time :^) And definitely feel free to stop by to get your trays - be glad to have you!

Wow - sounds like yet another wonderful vacation for you. Enjoy!!