Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skybirdforever

Fall Swap Pictures!

Hi all,

Well here are the pictures I promised before I left town for vacation right after the swap.

But firstÂI made it safely back to, and more importantly, back FROM the site of my Adventure last year! It was very nice to be able to sleep in a bed every single nite this year! And while I was on my trip I was once again able to stop by for a visit to Bonnie out in Silt, and for the first time I was able to meet with Michelle and David down in the four corners area. EveryoneÂs gardens are BEAUTIFUL! I couldnÂtÂand still canÂtÂbelieve how big DavidÂs "yard" is! And I donÂt think I ever will comprehend how you take care of all that, David!!! IÂve decided IÂm going back to the four corners area again next year. ThereÂs SO much to see and do down there, and I had such a good time this year I didnÂt want to come back home!

Now hereÂs the swap pictures!

Carrying plants in!

Getting acquainted!

Propagation demo!

Taking shasta daisy cuttings!

Describing what we brought!

Picking what we want!

Once again we had some fun gardening talk, good food, and a whole bunch of great plants for swapping. Everybody keep an eye out for talk of the Spring Swap in a few months!

And before I go, a couple more pictures! These were my "accommodations" for 12 hours last year! My fanny pack and the shirt I had with meÂwhich I DIDNÂT have with me last yearÂare laying in the gap between the rocks where I sat for most of the nite!

Looking forward to next yearÂs swapsÂand another exciting vacation,

Skybird

Comment (1)

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    Original Author
    15 years ago

IÂve been wanting to bump this down for a couple weeks now, but havenÂt had time to write down the names of these plants to ask this question!

Who brought plants to the swap that were labeled with masking tape? I got Limonium latifolium, Digitalis ÂSpanish PeaksÂ, and Penstemon ÂPrairie DuskÂÂand I think one more, but once they were out of the pots with the masking tape and in the ground, I forgot which one it was!!! Whoever you are, if you see this, please let me know who you are so IÂll know who I got them from! TheyÂre all things IÂm very glad to have, and IÂd love to know who I got them from!

AndÂfor anyone planning/hoping to come to the Spring Swap, IÂll have a couple tall, pink babyÂs breath, probably some more mums, more of the ÂHillside Pink Sheffield Dendranthemum/Chrysanthemum, more ÂHerrenhausen ornamental oregano and probably ÂHopleyÂs Purple ornamental oregano, probably some Russian sage, and definitely more of the various hen & chicks. IÂm planning a major remodeling of my garden in spring, moving some things and completely getting rid of some of the things that just arenÂt getting enough sun and/or are getting too much water! Also hope to have starts of the ÂWhite Nugget ice plant, and probably some of the ÂGold Nugget ice plant, and starts of any of my sedums for anyone who wants some. I hope IÂll be able to be at the swap with my plants!!!

Spring is only six months away,
    Skybird