Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skybirdforever

Fall Swap 2011 Thank you!

Thank you, Charlene, for once again being such a gracious swap hostess. I enjoyed the tour of your veggie garden, and it's amazing to see how much you've accomplished there and all around the yard since our first swap there four years ago! Loved seeing your (legal) rain water harvesting system too! Next time I hope to see some things going in on the "shade end!" Maybe you can request some shade plants at next year's swaps to give you a start!

And thank you, Karen, for your "couple hundred" daylilies again this time! I almost fell over when I saw your 3-deep truck full!!! I'm sure there were a bunch of happy campers---daylily campers---heading home after the swap! I'm not sure how, but I wound up with ELEVEN of them, and now I'm in the process of deciding which ones--four I think!--I'm gonna keep for me, and the rest will go to neighbors---which will make for some more Happy Daylily Campers!!! I, and I'm sure we all, very much appreciate your generosity at the swaps.

Amy, thank you, thank you, thank you! Most of you don't know it, but Amy brought me a couple "surprises!" I got a new start of Campanula persicifolia, peachleaf bellflower, which I've given away at a few of the swaps---but mine had abruptly died last fall, and a start for each of the Campanula 'White Clips' and 'Blue Clips', which I've been looking for for a couple years now! Totally unexpected, and much fun to get a surprise!

Since so much of my stuff this time was very recently potted up, everyone, please, please let me know if you have any questions at all about how to take care of them till they can be planted out in the ground. Email me if you already have my address, or PM me thru GW if you don't have it yet--or just post here! I truly do want you all to succeed with the plants you get from me.

And, thank you everyone for the plants you brought that I either had dibs on or that I got in the first two rounds of picking or in the free-for-all in the end! Now on to the fun job of finding somewhere to plant everything!

It was nice to see you all again, and..........

Is it spring yet???

Skybird

Comments (7)

• polygonum_tinctorium
    12 years ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you! For the wonderful place for the swap, for the bountiful daylilies, for the great plants that people brought to swap. Like skybird, I will be sharing daylilies with friends.

My new yard will look much better next year thanks to everyone's generosity. I hope those who got plants from me have excellent success with them.

It was great to see everyone again, great to meet new people.

I'm looking forward to future swaps, as always!

• kvenkat
    12 years ago

My most hearty appreciations all around!
    A lot of work goes into making these gatherings fun and well-organized.
    I enjoyed the Swap immensely and am so delighted with my new "babies". Thank you Charlene! Thank you everyone!
    See you all in the Spring!

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    12 years ago

What a great day it was! Thanks for hosting, Charlene.

Thanks to Skybird (the great organizer) and Catlady, (daylily provider extraordinaire)!

It was good to catch up with everyone. I'm thrilled with my new plants.

Wish the next one wasn't so far off!

Barb

• Gardening-Newbie-hbo
    12 years ago

I wanted to thank all of you for being so welcoming to this newbie (Hillary)! It was a lot of fun and absolutely lovely meeting all of you.

My daughter and I have been having a blast planning where we are going to put everything. The daylilies (*all those daylilies*)are sure to transform our yard.

Now I'm really looking forward to the Spring Swap!

• amester
    12 years ago

I am deeply ashamed of the vast quantity of daylilies I snagged...I had to keep telling my husband, "But you should have seen how many I left behind!" I am also deeply sore from planting everything up!! If the temps dip do I need to cover stuff? How cold before I need to? I never plant in the fall so I'm kinda freaking out... :)

Thank you all for your generosity - Barb and Trish and Dee and Karen especially. And Charlene, hostess with the mostest.

Spring swap will bring some divisions from my back border (is anybody else cutting stuff back yet?), so stay tuned! There's some yummy stuff back there.

I loved this swap and am so glad I was able to make it.

• singcharlene
    12 years ago

Thank you all!!

Sorry this message is delayed...we hosted and played a concert last night with 90 people so it was a crazy week preparing!

It was great to see all of you. Thank you so much for all the great plants!!

And Karen, the daylilies! Does anyone know where we can donate to Karen's cat organization? Is there a website?

Someone left a bunch of plastic cutlery. I'll bring it to the spring swap!

I have not got my plants in the ground yet but have been keeping them watered and protected from the wind. It's snowing today. We could get up to five inches in Castle Rock!

Thank you, again!

Charlene

• flower_garden
    12 years ago

Sorry my note is so belated...but thanks so much to all of you! I'm very excited about all my wonderful new plants (and I'm glad it's supposed to be so nice this weekend because they're not all planted yet). It was great to visit with all of you...it's a rare thing to find someone else in these parts who likes gardening as much as I do (I think my neighbors think I'm crazy :).

Trish