Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skybirdforever

It's sno-o-owing!

Hi all,

Is it my imagination, or did we have a VERY short fall this year? Did we have ANY fall this year???

I'm on the north end of Denver where I think it's supposed to be the worst! Think I have a couple inches already, and it's just after midnite---when it was supposed to start!

Anybody else getting dumped on?

NOT ready for winter quite yet,

Skybird

Comments (12)

• greenbean08_gw
    14 years ago

I think they've determined the storm is going to track far enough north that we won't get much here (tr-3"). The wind is sounding pretty nasty right now though.

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

According to the forecasts I've seen, the Front Range area is supposed to get a good dumping! So far, we have about 3" on the grassy areas, and I think we are supposed to get just a couple more inches throughout the day today.

Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

We are at 7" now, and it's not over yet.

How about you guys?

Bonnie

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I was just out trying to "set" my sunflower seed feeders so the BLACKBIRDS can't get into them, and I measured about 6", but it's hard to know where to measure because it's blowing some and pretty uneven.

It pretty much slowed down over nite after I posted last nite, but it picked up again a few hours ago and has been snowing moderately ever since.

I have an appointment in Boulder in a couple hours, and I hope I make it there and back in one piece! I'm not a big fan of driving in the snow!

How much does everybody else have?

Skybird

• msfuzz
    14 years ago

I work in downtown...So far, looks like about 4-5" here, depending. But its still coming down like crazy, and as the temps drop, things will deteriorate. I can hardly wait to try to drive home tonight!

• bianchi3
    14 years ago

I am in southwest Boulder. So far we have 2 feet.
    and its still snowing.

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I ventured out a little while ago to get my mail in and I measured it in the middle of the front yard, which should be pretty accurate. Looks like I have about 11" by now, and they're still predicting a bunch more over nite tonite and tomorrow.

My appointment in Boulder got cancelled, so I didn't have to go out in it after all, and don't have to go anywhere tomorrow, so I'll be staying inside watching the "pretty snow!"

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Skybird

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

We had 15" at 4:30pm, which is about when the driveway was cleared. It looks like there's another 6".

The power went out for an hour this evening. It was dark so the kids enjoyed candles for awhile. I need to remember to toss those and the lighter in the trash!! The interest in fire was very strong.

Stay safe!!

• jclepine
    14 years ago

Well, when I left the house this morning, it was about 16 inches at least. When I got home at 3:30 it was about six more inches. it just keeps on coming! Just over in Ward, someone had 3 feet and their plow broke...oops. It sure is welcome. We've been tromping around in it like smiling fools....wheee

I hope you all are having fun too!

J

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    14 years ago

I'm grinning, too, despite the extra work the snow brings. The horses and dogs are all bouncing around like Tiggers! It's so windy here that I can't get an accurate reading on the snowfall. We have 3 ft drifts in spots, generally the path from the house to the driveway has the highest drifts, go figure. The transmission is out on our plow truck, so shoveling it is. I don't have to be to work till 10 this morning, thank goodness! Our issue is living on a highway, every time the plows go by, they fill our driveway with snow and we get to start over. Oh well, the joys of living in the country! My daughter has no school, so she's enjoying hibernating in bed. Stay safe and enjoy!

• david52 Zone 6
    14 years ago

Down here we whiffed on the storm, maybe 2". But it's 18ºF and for what ever reason, the guru's at the irrigation company decided to turn the water back on.

Which means I have all my taps running so they don't freeze up and crack. You should see how much ice build up you can get when it's 18º and a garden spray goes all night.....

• Dan _Staley (5b Sunset 2B AHS 7)
    14 years ago

Just got back from a trip yesterday and found 16" at the house here in Aurora, a couple drifts to 3 feet. The hoops over the greens were bent over from the weight of the snow, no plants lost and the water in jugs underneath had no ice. Crocus zonatus popping through snow with their cheery lavender color.

Dan