Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwannouncements

Volunteer FAQ Editor Needed

gwannouncements
13 years ago

We are looking for someone to help create an FAQ for this forum. While compiling information should be a group effort, one person would be charged with pulling it together into useful FAQs. This could mean a new document OR just pointing to helpful posts that are already on the forum. A good example of a helpful FAQ can be found here:Winter Sowing FAQ.

If you have a desire to make this forum even better, have good writing skills and work well with others, please reply to this thread or send us an email --Letters to Garden Web.

Comments (13)

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    13 years ago

It's been well over a week, so I'm gonna bump this down, guys. When it was first posted last week, I was considering doing it so I emailed GW with some questions, but I never got a response, so I guess I won't be doing it after all!

Anybody else interested in volunteering?

Skybird

• billie_ladybug
    13 years ago

I have no problem volunteering for things, but I really am way too short on time to take on another volunteer project right now.

Anyone else?

Belinda

• david52 Zone 6
    13 years ago

Sort of a daunting list of what would make up the FAQ's for the RM Region, which seem to touch on every gardening subject imaginable.

• mstywoods
    13 years ago

Maybe if we as a group could work on putting together a list of FAQs it would be easier. We could start a new thread for people to add their thoughts. I'm willing to volunteer to do the posting of the list, if that helps, but would need to go to the more experienced RM gardeners for what info should go there!

Marj

• david52 Zone 6
    13 years ago

But nobody ever reads 'em anyway....:-)

Then we can nominate some cantankerous old coot who can lambast the timid, newly arrived poster with the redundant question, screaming: Check the FAQ, you Moron!!!!!

(There was, for years, someone on the tomato forum who did that).

• mstywoods
    13 years ago

Ha ha!! Yea, you got a great point there David!

I agree, it's not totally necessary. Might be good to have a few things, but it doesn't bother me if the same type of question gets asked over again (I'm probably guilty of that myself!).

• greenbean08_gw
    13 years ago

I wouldn't think you'd need to get terribly in-depth about general gardening but maybe a warning about the potential for crazy weather swings, tips on planning hail and wind protection, some very general information about xeriscaping and the need to plan some irrigation (including winter watering) would be helpful for newbies.

just my 2 cents...

• digit
    13 years ago

Lol!

"Do you want to try this idea?"

"I'm not going to try it. You try it."

"I'm not going to try it. Let's get 'Bean to try it!"

"Yeah!"

"She likes the idea! Hey, 'Bean!"

Steve's digits

• greenbean08_gw
    13 years ago

Problem is, Bean isn't going to live in the Rocky Mountain Gardening Region for much longer. By the next gardening season, I'll be learning how to garden in the PNW area.

Hopefully, I'll have a garden TO garden in next season. I don't want to have to go all-out-containers.

• digit
    13 years ago

Now, just a moment . . . did you clear that move with the RMG people, 'Bean?

Okay, is that new garden location west of the Cascades? If not, it isn't really the PNW, in any sort of gardening sense.

I was pleased to welcome a gardener from near Sisters, Oregon (I believe it was) to RMG, a year or so ago. I don't know where she's gotten herself to now but Sisters and many other locations in eastern Oregon and Washington just are NOT the PNW.

Of course, the likelihood is that you are going where most folks end up -- crowded up against the Puget Sound or along the Willamette River . . . Okay, that's the Pacific NorthWest.

Steve

• greenbean08_gw
    13 years ago

Lol Digit...

It's really the PNW - Fort Lewis-McChord (Tacoma) area. I do fear "crowded" may be an inevitable part of my near future, but that's where DH's new job is.

Now we just have to sell this house...

• billie_ladybug
    13 years ago

Good-bye greenbean08. Have fun and lots of luck to you on selling the house.

BTW how are the puppies doing?

Billie

• greenbean08_gw
    13 years ago

Thanks Billie!
    Puppies are doing well. House should be on the market pretty soon, so if you know of anyone looking out our way...