Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mstywoods

fall swap/garden work day - postpone till 14?!

mstywoods
11 years ago

Due to the very cold/wet weather, a few of us were wondering if we should/could postpone our swap/work day till next Sunday the 14th. I know that date was tossed around originally, so hopefully it will work for everyone (and maybe more) now. The weather does look like it will be warmer and dryer then, and tomorrow definitely appears it will be very cold and wet till late afternoon - the cold is more doable, but when it's wet on top of that, it can be more miserable!

Will everyone be able to make it on the 14th? We can fluctuate the time as well if that works best, or keep that part the same.

Comments (10)

• amester
    11 years ago

Hey ladies - well, the week of the 14th is my son's fall break so we're heading down to visit my parents. Whether we go down on Friday (the 12th) or on Monday (the 15th) will depend on the weather (I'm just going to head out of Dodge whenever Mother Nature gives me the go-ahead!). If we wind up being here on the 14th I can come in the afternoon.

Don't know about what I have to share - I just put about fifty plants into my sister's yard! I'm sure I can find some things, though, there's always something that sends out a baby or needs dividing. All I really want is a few of those Angelique and Queen of Night tulips - swoon! They're two I've always wanted.

I can earmark things for the spring swap...if I can't make this one! Will work on that when I know more. :)

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    11 years ago

Marj, I just saw your email and thought I would respond here as well. I think we should postpone till the 14th. It's just too chilly!

Barb

• mstywoods
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yah, let's shoot for the 14th - can't believe how gray and gloomy it was today :( Pray for warmer weather for next weekend!

Marj

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    11 years ago

I think waiting till next Sunday is a super-duper idea! I went out a couple hours ago to put more blankets on top of the blankets that are already MORE blankets on top of my tomatoes, and it's not just cold out, it's "Illinois COLD," as in: Humid in addition to the COLD! Nasty, nasty! NOAA is still showing next Saturday in the 60's, and whatever it is on Sunday, it has to be better than it's gonna be tomorrow!

I'll keep my plants Chillin', which shouldn't be too hard to do, and will be looking forward to next Sunday!

See you all then,
    Skybird

• kvenkat
    11 years ago

I will miss all you guys. I am leaving for India on the 12 th. I will bring my coleus cuttings to the spring swap. they will be a better size by then. Have fun!

• mstywoods
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Looking forward to the swap tomorrow - see you there!

Marj

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    11 years ago

I'll be there! Still need to label some of my stuff but have the sedums all divided up into "batches" now and am mostly ready with the plants! Still need to bake/prepare the food I'm bringing!

See you all tomorrow,
    Skybird

• mstywoods
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have some airplane/spider plant babies I can snip off. Let me know if anyone wants any of those and I'll bring them along.

Marj

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    11 years ago

I would take a snip or two, Marj. Will see you tomorrow!

Barb

• polygonum_tinctorium
    11 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone soon. 10:30 is the time we set in the other thread, so that's when we'll be there.

I'll soon be going outside to take fresh cuttings for those who've requested it. A piece of yarrow (small rooted plant plus the runner it's sending out now) is dug up and in a little pot. I'll see what else is available to share.

I won't bring seeds or sempervivums or houseplant starts unless someone requests something specific. Unless I change my mind and bring some anyway, of course.

I'll check for any last minute requests or have-availables before we leave in a bit more than an hour.