Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to buy pumpkins

Posted by matoad z5 CO (malueckel@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Oct 9, 07 at 17:28

It is that time of year when I decide to place several pumpkins inn my yard for fall decoration UNTIL I price them at King Soopers. Does anyone know of a farmer who wants to sell his at a decent price? I would not mind picking them myself. I live in Arvada but would be willing to drive a distance!! Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to buy pumpkins

Every year the family goes to Rock Creek Farm in Broomfield. I'm not sure if they are much cheaper than the grocery store, but you get to pick your own and they're all the same price. We go for the fun of it. We've aready got our 4 pumpkins from there.
All the details are at the link below this post.

Anothe fun pumpkin activity that's coming up this weekend is Punkin Chunkin. Pumpkins are launched using trebuchets, air cannons, whatever. I'm going.
punkin chunkin

Here is a link that might be useful: Rock Creek Farm

o

Heres a link to pumpkin patches and corn mazes all over Colorado. I looked over all the ones in the Denver area, and Ive never been there, but Rock Creek looked like one of the best to meand its not too far away from me!

Happy Halloween everyone,
Skybird

Here is a link that might be useful: Pumpkins & Mazes in Colorado

o

To prepare for next year, just throw some of the pumpkin seeds on the garden when you carve the pumpkin (or smash the pumpkin on the garden whole if you do the painted pumpkin thing). They'll be some of the first things to sprout next year and you won't have to worry about buying any pumpkins next year. The drawback is that the pumpkin vines may take over your entire garden.

o

I am overwhelmed with all these possibilities- thank you so much. I will definitely head to the Rock Creek Farm and then to the others after that! And yes, I have decided to plant my own next year. Happy Halloween Gardeners All!

o

We just got back from Miller Farm in Platteville (exit 243 off of I-25, and 5 miles east). So much fun. For $15 there is a hayride through the fields where you can pick 50 lbs of produce. It takes about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.

We got tons of carrots, potatoes & peppers, green beans, beets, onions, pumpkins (mostly little ones), corn, cucumbers, squash. It's getting to be slim pickings of the tomatoes and peppers, but between the five of us we have a card table loaded with stuff, a plastic chair full of potatoes, over 4 lbs of peppers, 3-1/2 lbs of green beans, and 14 small pumpkins.

There is also a corn maze and a hay maze for the little ones, pedal tractors, and a petting zoo with goats, sheep and a llama. My 4-year-old niece had a blast and discovered she loves eating fresh-picked green beans.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miller Farm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here