Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

The Final Harvest '08 (Lots of pics!)

highalttransplant
15 years ago

Yesterday, I harvested the last of the sweet basil and made another batch of pesto, this time with sunflower seeds.

Today, I tackled the pepper and tomato plants. It took close to 3 hours to pull them all up and harvest everything! Now I've just got to figure out what to do with it all. I would can some tomato sauce, but I'm all out of jars, and so are the stores around here. Maybe I'll freeze it instead.

All of this was picked today!

{{gwi:22386}}

Plus this. The basket of peppers is in both pics. See my two lonely canteloupes? They are probably not ripe enough to eat, but I picked them anyway.

Plus these!

{{gwi:374118}}

Plus all of these!!!

Plus, before I went out of town last week, I threw a gallon bag of tomatoes, and a gallon bag of peppers in the deep freeze, since I didn't want them to go bad, but didn't have time to do anything with them. Any suggestions on how to use them now that they are frozen whole?

I had a little helper today

He even had his own personal tomato stash

...and a couple shots of what's still blooming in my garden:

The mums are just now getting going, and I'm thinking about throwing a row cover over them for the weekend.

{{gwi:204352}}

Gaillardia 'Oranges & Lemons' has been blooming since the first week of June. Over 16 weeks of non-stop blooms!!!

{{gwi:445192}}

Happy harvesting to all!

Bonnie

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz