Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Final Harvest '08 (Lots of pics!)

Posted by highalttransplant z 5 Western CO (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 10, 08 at 18:42

Yesterday, I harvested the last of the sweet basil and made another batch of pesto, this time with sunflower seeds.

Today, I tackled the pepper and tomato plants. It took close to 3 hours to pull them all up and harvest everything! Now I've just got to figure out what to do with it all. I would can some tomato sauce, but I'm all out of jars, and so are the stores around here. Maybe I'll freeze it instead.

All of this was picked today!

Final Harvest '08

Plus this. The basket of peppers is in both pics. See my two lonely canteloupes? They are probably not ripe enough to eat, but I picked them anyway.

Final Harvest #2

Plus these!

Green tomatoes hanging in the garage

Plus all of these!!!

2 gal. bucket of green cherry tomatoes

Plus, before I went out of town last week, I threw a gallon bag of tomatoes, and a gallon bag of peppers in the deep freeze, since I didn't want them to go bad, but didn't have time to do anything with them. Any suggestions on how to use them now that they are frozen whole?

I had a little helper today

He even had his own personal tomato stash
Photobucket

...and a couple shots of what's still blooming in my garden:

The mums are just now getting going, and I'm thinking about throwing a row cover over them for the weekend.

Mums in bloom

Gaillardia 'Oranges & Lemons' has been blooming since the first week of June. Over 16 weeks of non-stop blooms!!!

Gaillardia 'Oranges & Lemons' still going!

Happy harvesting to all!
Bonnie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Final Harvest '08 (Lots of pics!)

Do I remember that you had so many tomato plants?? There must have been a few that didn't blow away.

Always great pictures, Bonnie!

digitS'

o

I envy people who can take good pictures. I'd love to be a photographer, but I just don't seem to have a knack for it.

o

Digit, I started with 11 plants, but finished with 7. Well, 8 if you count the tiny cherry tomato plant in a container on the porch. Should have moved that one closer to the house though, since the frost got it last night.

Thanks Lilacs! Actually, not all of my pictures turn out, I just don't post the bad ones : )

Bonnie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here