Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter Daphne in Colorado?

Posted by homegrownjunkie (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 1, 09 at 19:39

Hi all!

Has anyone had any luck growing a Winter Daphne here in Colorado? If so do you know what variety it is? I live on the Western slope in zone 4, 5 or 6 depending on the source you ask. I am dying to smell this fragrance again, just like heaven!
Also, does anyone know of a reliable nursery in the New Castle to Grand Junction, I-70 corridor area?

Thanks in advance!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter Daphne in Colorado?

I don't know anything about Winter Daphne, so I can't help you on that one, but I am also on the Western Slope. The two local places that I have used quite a bit are Alpine Garden Center on the south side of I-70 in Silt, and Sunshine Farms, which is on Hway 6 between Silt and New Castle.

They are both getting close to being done for the season though, so you might have to wait until spring, but Toni at Alpine Garden Center has ordered things for me before that she didn't have in stock. So if you are willing to wait a bit, I'll bet she'd get it in for you.

Bonnie

o
RE: Winter Daphne in Colorado?

Bonnie,

Thanks for the info!

Tracy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here