Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone in Denver Area Grow Reblooming Iris?

Posted by LizinElizabeth 5 (lizbest1@aol.com) on
Wed, Oct 30, 13 at 22:12

Hi everyone! Someone suggested I look into reblooming iris but I've never seen one blooming here in the fall. Do any of you grow them and do they rebloom in the Denver area? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone in Denver Area Grow Reblooming Iris?

I went to Iris4U once and he said he grows some, but said the 2nd bloom is kind of ify in this area. I didn't buy any, but I'd be interested to know if anyone else grows them, too. I sure like the idea of having a second bloom out of them!

o

• Posted by mla2ofus z4b Caribou Co. Id (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 31, 13 at 21:35

I was going to order some but asked the catalog rep. if they would rebloom in my zone and she said it would be very unlikely. If you are on the warmer side of zone 5 they may rebloom.

o

A friend found a deal on Breck's - BOGO - and last year she gave me a box with 6 reblooming iris. I was very hesitant about planting more iris that I sure did not need.

So last October in cooler weather, I planted all 6 and mulched heavily. They all bloomed well in May and then I forgot about them. Come August, one of them bloomed again. Come the middle of September, the same one bloomed again - but only that one plant. 3x ! !

Hopefully the other 5 will be mature enough to show their flowers twice next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here