Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
digit_gw

For Those Gardeners Hoping . .

digit
12 years ago

. . to see something NEW in a seed catalog sort of way, SOON.

Linked below is Thompson & Morgan's NEW offerings for 2012!

There are the usual high T&M prices to take into account but this company has always been on the leading edge of what is new! Of course, I'm excited.

After 1 lousy morning out of the last 24 days when we didn't have frost, I'm ready for a bright, beautiful seed catalog! That 1 morning? That was yesterday and the slightly-above-freezing morning temperatures accompanied near 50mph winds that blew the previous 12 hours of snow away . . . or, nearly.

Anyway, enjoy looking at the new offerings! That Salpiglossis looks beautiful, the Coreopsis should fit in well, and the new Galia melon could be a winner in my garden!

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: New at Thompson & Morgan

Comments (6)

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    12 years ago

Good! I'm looking forward to them. I want to see some pretties!

These winds have been just awful! We've had trees blowing down here, 115 mph gusts in several places. Estes, Rocky Mountain National Park, got it particularly bad over the weekend.

Enjoy your catalog, Steve. It's good to know they're on their way.

Barb

• kvenkat
    12 years ago

I got my new Stokes Seeds catalog today. Not as pretty as T&M, but its something...

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    12 years ago

Me too! Me too!

I almost fell over--even without the WIND--when I went out to get the mail and found the Pinetree catalog today! Like I said last year, they keep coming earlier and earlier! Last year it was almost the end of the month when the Pinetree catalog (first last year too) came! They have a $1 off coupon if you order before the end of the month, and I didn't order from them last year, but I might get a small order this year since they have Diva cukes which can be kind of hard to find, and they have Kossack kohlrabis and I can probably find a few other things when I Look For Real! I noticed they have 4" plastic plant tags at 80 for 3.95 which is a pretty good price too. They also have a $2 off coupon if you send them the name of somebody to get their catalog----SO----is there anybody around here that doesn't get the Pinetree catalog who's name I can put on the little coupon to send them? I think you can only use one of the two coupons, but I'm gonna call them to find out for sure!

I need to remember to call Fedco real soon to get on their mailing list this year. Never got around to doing it last year, and, Digit, I think you're the person who highly recommends them, aren't ya?

With the catalogs starting this early, in the next couple weeks we should all have lots of pretty wishbooks around to help wile away the long, dark hours of winter!

Happy dreaming of spring,
    Skybird

• digit
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Posted by skybird

Me too! Me too!

. . . I need to remember to call Fedco real soon to get on their mailing list this year. Never got around to doing it last year, and, Digit, I think you're the person who highly recommends them, aren't ya?

I must be the guy, Skybird!

The new HPS catalog came yesterday. That means, all the Jung Seed catalogs will be along very, very soon.

Steve

• david52 Zone 6
    12 years ago

I got my HPS yesterday as well. Lots of peppers.......

• polygonum_tinctorium
    12 years ago

I haven't received a Pinetree catalog in years! I'll send you my address offlist if you still need someone.

I can have a garden next year! I'm so excited. I will probably try winter-sowing this year, too.