Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skybirdforever

VanEngelen Fall Sale

Hi all,

Just thought I'd do a quick post to let you all know that I just got the VanEngelen fall sale email! If you want spring bulbs, this is the best price you'll ever find--I believe!

The sale right now is 20% off their "regular" prices, but in about a week it will go to 40% off for whatever is left! This year I'm waiting for the 40% off and I'm going to see which of the things I'd like to have are still available. Last year I got an order together when they were 20% off--some things were already shown as "sold out," and then when it went to 40% off the prices were so crazy cheap I couldn't resist doing another order---and I discovered that some of the things that had been "sold out" the first time were shown available again! What I figured out is that SO many people are putting things in and out of their cart that something that's shown "sold out" one minute might be "available" a couple minutes later. This year as soon as they go 40% off I'm gonna "start a cart" and then keep refreshing the screen for anything I want that's "sold out!" By doing that last year I wound up getting one thing I REALLY wanted that was "sold out" at the time of my first order, and after re-checking it several times I finally found it available for the second order! I looked thru the list and found at least 37 things I'd "like to have," so I'm sure I'll be able to find way enough left to come up with the minimum order! What's left will go pretty fast when it gets to 40% off, so you need to be ready as soon as it happens!

There's a minimum $50 order, and minimum $6.95 shipping (for $50).

The have LOTS of daffodils and tulips and lilies. They have hyacinths, alliums, crocus, chionodoxa, Dutch iris, grape hyacinths, scilla, and some other miscellaneous things. I even found a zone 5 species gladiolus, Gladiolus communis ssp. byzantinus, that will be 100 for $9.75 at 40% off!

A couple other examples! 100 large-flowered mixed crocus will be $14.25 when it goes to 40% off, 100 Crocus chrysanthus, smaller flowers and earlier (I love them), for $5.55! 50 white scilla, $7.80. A "single" early tulip mix, $19.50/100. Yeah, they mostly come in large quantities, but if you compare them to the prices you'd find at a big box store for a package of 5 or 10, they're so cheap that you can give some away or throw some out and you're still ahead! A hundred pink Dutch iris (on my list) will be $8.25--if there's any left for the 40% off! No, I don't own stock in this company! Honest!!!

Daffodil quantities range from 5 to 100, and some of them in the smaller quantities are pretty pricey, but there are LOTS to choose from that are in The Cheaper Range! Tulips are in 50's and 100's--with prices all over the place depending on the variety!

And, yes, you very definitely can still plant them! They can be planted any time the ground isn't frozen, and probably best to get them in the ground by the end of December, but last year it was cold and I didn't get some of them in till February and March!

If anyone is interested in checking it out, here's a link to the list of sale stuff!

Skybird

Here is a link that might be useful: VanEngelen Fall Sale List

Comment (1)