Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potato Garden has opened store

Posted by jaliranchr z5 EC CO (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 7, 13 at 21:51

Finally, The Potato Garden (Ronningers) based on the Western Slope has opened the store. I've been checking a couple times a week and was finally rewarded. Just giving a heads up because some of the varieties go very fast, so ordering soon assures you a shot at them.

They are even offering Olathe Sweet Corn seeds. Rather expensive, but someone might be interested. I gave up on corn years ago because of the racoons.

Enjoy! Lots of fun tater varieties. I'll certainly be getting Irish Cobbler and Mountain Rose. Don't know what else, but one or two more.

The Potato Garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potato Garden has opened store

Sure, now I'm back to agonizing over the late varieties, Bonnie.

Do I want to allocate ground aaalll season and, to what? The "earlies" are in-&-out! I can plant snow peas and Asian greens while enjoying New Potatoes!

Then . . . those potatoes drive me nutz by sprouting! I'm taking off sprouts the 2nd time now on the few that are left from that late July/early August harvest. They are still good but a long way from New Potatoes. I can dance them around all I want to but I don't have the storage conditions to get the earlies past January 1st - maybe.

So, the lates - which ones? Go with fingerlings? They seem to be almost by definition late? DW may complain - she who thinks every potato should be peeled. Go with the bakers? It won't be Russet Burbank since they are so cheap in the stores in this "between the major potato growing regions" location.

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: Long-Season Potatoes

o

I know, Steve, the multitude of choices sometime is worse than few choices. I love Irish Cobbler because it is such a great producer, but the best is the multitude of baby potatoes I get from each plant. Yummy! And I don't peel them ;)

Pssst, Bonnie is HighAlt, I'm Shelley. That's ok, I had a long absence. :)

o

Oh, Shoot  photo blush21_zpsbe63d48f.gif!

Bonnie?

So is @luckybottom ! There should be some rule about more than 1 person having the same name on a forum.

Excuses: It wasn't my fault. Just a slip of the digit . . .

Or, maybe it was that other

"Steve"
 photo S_zps8c8629fa.gif

o

LOL, well, I take no offense at all.

As for the long season taters, I keep thinking about the German Butterball.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here