Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skybirdforever

Pea Evaluations!

Peas are my second favorite homegrown veggieÂsecond only to tomatoes, so IÂm always looking for recommendations that others think are really, really yummyÂRAWÂmaybe I should add that, Âcause mine never get even close to hot water! The ones I grow are all shelling peas.

Of the four I grew this year, I think my favorite was Early Frosty. ItÂs the first time IÂve tried it, and the flavor was really excellent, very sweet, and the flavor held pretty well as they got bigger.

My second choice this year was Green Arrow, which IÂve grown before. It had long pods with lots of peas, had a good flavor, and also held the sweetness pretty well as they got bigger.

Next would be Early Perfection, which IÂve also grown before. Also good flavor and holds sweetness fairly well.

And last is Alaska, which IÂve grown every year since I moved in here. In the past I always liked it because it seemed to be the first to produce, but this year it came in right along with all the rest. IÂve also found that every year they quickly lose their sweetness when they start to get big, and this year they didnÂt really produce well at all, so next year Alaska is out! With so many varieties out there, IÂm gonna be looking for one or two new varieties to try.

Which varieties did you all grow this year, and which ones did you REALLY like, and which ones didnÂt you like. IÂm looking for shelling peas, but rate your snow peas too!

PeaKid,

Skybird

Comments (4)