Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One of our own to speak on WS

Posted by luckybottom (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 13, 10 at 10:15

Well it is official, highalttransplant will be sharing her knowledge on winter sowing this coming Jan. in Greeley. Please visit "Colorado Farm Show" and scroll down about half way.

The show is free but you do have to pay for parking. Should be well worth it. Thanks Bonnie for being welling to make the trip and share your experiences and know how.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One of our own to speak on WS

Yay! Bonnie!

Steve

o

Thanks, Steve!

Wishing I could have found a more flattering photo now ...

Bonnie, I'll be emailing you with some details, and questions.

o

highalttransplant,
That's great news. It'll be nice to have that to look forward to after the holidays! Congrats!
Barb

o

Yeah, way cool, Bonnie! When I first looked it said you were on from 1:00 to 3:00, and I was wondering what you were gonna talk about for THREE HOURS, but then I looked further and saw that there are other people scheduled for that time too. Bet you're glad about that! How on earth did you ever volunteer to do that, or get asked to do it? Was it from the WS forum? You just never know where one of our famous people are going to show up at!

I hope you have good weather to drive in for it,
Skybird

o

Should anyone in the Colorado Springs area want to venture into the world of WS, I've got some milk jugs all ready to go (just add soil & seeds) if anyone wants them. I think the packers will look at me funny if I try to take milk jugs on the move...

Send me a PM.

Enjoy your talk Bonnie!

o

Sorry Dee, just realized I never answered your questions. The other Bonnie (luckybottom) is involved in the scheduling of speakers for the Colorado Farm Show, and asked me if I'd be interested in doing a talk on wintersowing. I admit to being a little surprised, since I don't exactly have credentials in horticulture, but I'm excited about the opportunity to share this method with others.

Need to start thinking about what I want to wintersow this year. I'll try and start a new wintersowing thread after the first of the year. Hard to believe this will be year 5 for me!

Bonnie

o

Bonnie, I just thought you might be interested in where we've come from with the topic of Winter Sowing . . .

. . . all in about 4 1/2 years. No experts back then!

Steve
btw: the 'o6 link in the linked thread doesn't work. The WS forum has come a long way since then. The oldest threads on there are only from 1 year ago.

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter Sowing in RMG?

o

That thread was started just a couple of months before I discovered the Wintersowing forum on RMG : )

o

Fun, Bonnie! You are the perfect one to teach WS!

o

I agree - perfect teacher Bonnie!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here