Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

Merry Christmas RMG'ers!

highalttransplant
15 years ago

Just thought I would drop in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I hope everyone stays safe and warm!

It looks like a white Christmas for us. There is a winter storm watch from tonight through Friday afternoon with 4 - 8" of snow predicted, plus there's at least 6" already on the ground. The kids will have new sleds under the tree, so they will be soooo excited!

Well, I'm headed to the kitchen to make some Cranberry Banana Nut bread, a fruit salad and deviled eggs for tomorrow's breakfast.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

Bonnie

Comments (10)

• gjmancini
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas Bonnie.

• bpgreen
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas!

• jclepine
    15 years ago

Merry Happy Christmas and Jolly Winter Time to all!!!!

Hmmm, I made mini penne pasta with adjusted jarred sauce. Onions, garlic, olive oil, tons of balsamic vinegar, 1/2 or smaller cubes of eggplant, yellow bell pepper, basil, oregano, black pepper, dash nutmeg, dash chili flakes. Saute till eggplant softens, add jarred sauce, heat. YUM!!

I hope you all have a lovely day!!!

Jennifer

• jaliranchr
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you. And wishes for great gardens in the New Year.

• digit
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1230676}}

ho, ho, ho! happy christmas!

• jclepine
    15 years ago

That is so cute, Steve!!!!

I brought my gnome inside for the winter. He, Harold, sits on a low window sill so he can peek over the edge of my baby clawfoot tub which holds my indoor plants. Every now and then, I take a look over there and giggle at the tiny gnome watching my garden.

• windwhipped
    15 years ago

Whew, presents opened, wrappings picked up, dinner over(shrimp, steak, potatoes, asparagus; it was good), and I'm embarrassed to say I'm already shopping the sales on the internet with my Christmas money. (Body butters at the body shop, good for windwhipped skin.) Paperwhites just fading, amarylis almost in full bloom, Christmas carols playing in the background and the tree didn't fall over this year! Now just waiting for the 40-mph wind to calm down and the snow to begin. All in all a lovely Christmas. Hope everyone's was just as good as ours. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

• david52 Zone 6
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas!

Hoe Hoe Hoe!!

Here, I keep reading the weather forecast, and piling up fire wood beside the back door against the wall (as seen on Beverly Hillbillies), and the weather all goes right on by, over to you guys.

• margaretmontana
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas, a quiet one here with plenty of snow and more to come. Planning my list of seeds and thinking about trying artichokes- a friend here said he has grown them here, David. He says they get quite bushy. Then another friend grows fennel and I have never tried it before. Maybe cutting celery again as it is really good for soups. We had a lot of pumpkins last year and only a couple winter squash and think I will try reversing that and grow more winter squash especially Kabocha. Hopefully all the snow is gowing to make a good summer!

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas? Well! Ok, I missed it. Had dinner with my flying partners at the hotel in Tulsa! Had trout almandine! How's that for a "traditional" Christmas dinner!

And, while I'm here.......

Happy New Year everyone --- since I'll be back in Tulsa on New Year's Eve!

Have a great one, and if you drink, don't drive!

Here's wishing us all a GREAT garden in 2009,
    Skybird