Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Merry Christmas!

Posted by mstywoods zn 5 - Westminster, (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 24, 13 at 19:13

Just remember in the winter, far beneath the bed of snow, lies the seed that with the sun's love in the spring becomes the rose

Came across a tv show last night of a Norwegian choir singing Christmas songs, and they sung The Rose as one of their carols. I hadn't heard that song in quite awhile, and they sung it beautifully. Hope you enjoy this choirs version, as the verse quoted above (towards the end of the song, if you don't know it) makes me think of our garden group as we dream, plan and prepare for the next growing season ;)

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas!

Marj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you Marj!
And to the rest of you as well!

Here is a bit of cheer which appeared on my window sill two days ago...

o

Very, very nice . . .

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Steve

o

• Posted by skybird z5, Denver, CO (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 25, 13 at 16:02

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to each of you.

Skybird

Let there be peace on Earth......

Across the wide Missouri

Can spring be far behind.........

o

Merry Christmas to my gardening buddies!

No pics to add, but thank you for yours!

Have a wonderful holiday!

Barb

o

Lovely, lovely pictures Skybird! Where was the waterfall pic taken - is it Yosemite?

Beautiful Hibiscus, kvenkat! What a nice Christmas surprise :)

o

• Posted by skybird z5, Denver, CO (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 13:46

Thanks, Misty. Yeah, it's the Upper Falls at the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River. I was just looking for "peaceful" pics to post, so I didn't put any captions with them, but they all have their captions in WebAlbums if you click on them for the bigger version.

I hope you, and everyone here, had a Peaceful Christmas, and the same for the coming year,
Skybird

Here are a few more Peaceful Pics, from more of the wonderfully serene places I've been, to end the year!

Peace!

Colorado folks might recognize this one! Sleeping Ute Mountain from Dolores, Colorado.

o

• Posted by b2alicia zone 5 Westminster (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 15:47

Wonderful photos!
Merry Christmas and Happy wonderful New Year 2014!

o

Happy Healthy Productive New Year!

Hey Alicia. I didn't know you had 2 of those critters! We've only seen the larger version, I believe.

Steve
with Garbanzo the Dog wedged into the LazyBoy beside me

o

• Posted by b2alicia zone 5 Westminster (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 23:40

Happy New Year Steve!

You're right, the puppy is new. I found him at the Denver Humane Society, and brought him home right after Labor Day. He was very frail at that time (see photo below), but he's doing much better now. Percy, the big boy, seemed pretty bored and lonely before the puppy came along, but he's much happier now that he has baby Dillon for company!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here