Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Holidays - 2010

Posted by skybird (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 23, 10 at 22:11

Hi RMG friends,

I was thinking of starting this thread tomorrow morning, but TreeBarb just posted holiday greetings on the "watering" thread, so I think I'll start it right now (then I'm gonna come back and copy Barb's message here since it sounds like she may not be back around till after Christmas!)

I'd love to see about an inch of fluffy white snow tomorrow afternoon and evening---just enough to last through Christmas Day, but that's not gonna happen so I'll be happy with the 50+ degrees, and maybe get a little gardening done on Saturday! Just gonna be here by myself this year! I found a streaming Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Music site, and my new computer is really good at playing music (about the only thing it's "really" good at so far!), so I'll have that on most of the time for Christmas Spirit! I've filled my five bird feeders, and finally got my suet feeder filled and out today, so I'll have a wonderful bird-filled Christmas to go along with the music!

Barb already included many of these greetings in the post I'm gonna copy below, but, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to each of you---and Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanza, Happy Eid-al-Adha, and Happy Bodhi Day. My Christmas wish is that we may all learn to live together in Peace some day.

In the immortal words of Tiny Tim.........

God bless us every one-----and, in MY words: and our gardens too!

Skybird

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Posted by treebarb on Thu, Dec 23, 10 at 21:36

(Copied from the "watering" thread!)

Well, off to mama's tomorrow for family time and ham! If I don't get back here before the big day, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Ramadan or Kwanzaa, whatever you may be celebrating (or not)! I am grateful for all of you. I appreciate the advice, the chance to vent, rant and get set straight when I'm wrong.

Barb

o
RE: Happy Holidays - 2010

Just got back from rehearsal for tomorrow night's candlelight service, wrapped the last couple of gifts, and sampled some of the goodies that the kids and I have been making this week. Looking forward to slowing down, and enjoying some family time.

Wishing everyone Seeds-n-Greetings! (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night : )

Bonnie

o

Our daughter flies in this morning, so we are looking forward to spending time with her for a few days. The tree is lit, but will decorate it with ornaments with her tonight - then it will really feel like Christmas :^).

Wishing you all a lovely holiday, and looking forward to more RMG exchanges in the New Year - advice, thoughts, humor, and of course, plants and seeds!

May your days be merry and bright ...

Cheers!
Marj

o
RE: Happy Holidays - Carol of the bells

o

Merry, Happy everyone. Be safe and joyful.

Dan

o

Thank you Skybird for caring about us, this forum, and our gardens !

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes in the New Year, Everyone !

Steve

o

Same here, all! Happy warm winter, joyous holidays and holy days, matunda ya kwanza, Merry Christmas and thank you all for being.

Jennifer

o

Lovely greetings!

I hope you all had joyous holidays! We spent ours in Mexico with family and had the best time. Some of you may remember we tried to go about four years ago and got snowed in with the big blizzard at DIA. Our little girls adoption will be finalized this February so I'm feeling like this year is going to be a good one.

I always feel like the New Year is a big corner turned for us gardeners!

Happy New Year and cheers to the best gardens ever this year!

Charlene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here