Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boncrow66

Tying my climbing pinkies

boncrow66
9 years ago

What a job! My cl pinkies are growing like crazy and every weekend I undertake the job of tying them to the arbor. It seems like a never ending chore but it also gets me excited for the spring because I know all my work will be worth it when I have a beautiful arbor. This is my first year to plant climbers and I didn't realize what it would entail but I am enjoying the challenge of training the pinkies, I have 3, and hopefully will have pics in the spring.

Comments (5)

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    9 years ago

Boncrow, I have 2 in pots waiting my placement.and they too are growing and blooming constantly ! Can I ask you , are you having any black spot issues ? It seems to be fighting it , and i don't spray , but I keep getting yellow leaves that fall off from the bs. It's making me reconsider it . Let me know how the health of yours are ! Maybe mine will outgrow their rebellious stage! :)
    Have you seen pics of it from hose - nemesis ? Hers are so beautiful , and why I bought mine ! :)

• boncrow66
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lilyfinch, I have had no issue with BS on any of my pinkies but my Don Juan is completely leafless from BS. My pinkies have been super healthy and growing like weeds lol. Although they haven't bloomed very much but I figure they are concentrating on growing. I have not seen hose-nemesis pics of her pinkies. I got mine on the recommendation of the people at Chamblees nursery and so far I have been pleased. I'm sorry your having BS issues with them, maybe after they are in the ground it will get better. Mine are already at least six feet tall and still growing. I hope mine look like the pics that I have seen when I googled cl pinkies. Good luck with yours!

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Sounds like a true labor of love, Boncrow! Can't wait for those pics!

• jardineratx
    9 years ago

I also have had very good results from my Climbing Pinkie....never has disease of any kind.
    Molly

• boncrow66
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Seil, it certainly has been a learning experience. I watched Paul Zimmermans video on you tube in training climbers and it was very informative so I hope it works out like it's supposed to lol.
    Molly I would love to see pics of your pinkies.