Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
San Diego Rose Show Impressions

Posted by BLSmith US (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 30, 05 at 19:06

BeBe - You were right.....the show was wonderful.

We arrived at 5:00 am, greeted with hot coffee, donuts, friendly smiles,great parking and very close access to the placement area. Lots of water available, we brought our own just in case.

After entering our roses, we did not have to drive anywhere. We walked through beautiful Balboa Park and enjoyed a great lunch at one of the outdoor garden cafes then took a stroll through the Botanical Garden Building, filled with orchids and many tropical plants. Outside, the reflecting pools showcased exotic water lilies and lotus. They were a sight to see.

Balboa Park features several huge art sculptures on the grounds by one of my favorites, French artist; Niki de Saint Phalle. I was happy to run into this treasure on our walk about.

Overall, the day was memorable. Thank you SDRS for overcoming the obstacles and putting on a fine show.

SPECIAL Congratulations to Linda Clark for winning HT QUEEN of Show. Linda is one of the sweetest, most modest rosarians we know. She has been a Del Mar Fair exhibitor for a couple of years and is spreading her wings at the ARS shows. She won her first QUEEN amongst other prizes today. She was on the trophy table at the District show last week.....she is growing and showing very well indeed. Linda - we are proud of you!

Photos to follow. Thank you again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: San Diego Rose Show Impressions

Thank you BLSmith. Your words are like a beautiful song to my ears.

Bea Ericksen

o

It sounds like it was a great show -- congrats. Hopefully everything was beautiful with lots of blooms.

When will the results be posted?

o

Here are a few photographs from SDRS. I tried to take them as close up as possible without disturbing the trophy display area. Click on "Slide Show" for ease of viewing.

Here is a link that might be useful: SDRS Photos

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here