Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rose contests

Posted by cliviajohn z7NY (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 2, 05 at 19:50

Hi Everyone,

I'm interested in rose contests. I live on Long Island, NY and would like to join the local rose chapter. Does anyone have any info. about this topic? How do you find out about local rose competitions? Any information will be helpful. As you can see I'm new to growing roses.

John

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose contests

Contact the Long Island Rose society or the Manhatten rose society. A very nice lady named Pat Shanley came to speak at our district convention, in New England. Pat is associated with both societies. She will be happy to help you! Also if you have a copy of the American rose society magazine, up coming events are published in there. Good luck, Now that you have Rose Fever!
Lee

o

If you want to know how to contact these local societies, go to the ARS website at www.ars.org and click on Links in the menu running across the top of the page. Within Links click on Local Societies and scroll down to ones mentioned above. They both have email addresses for people to contact to learn about the clubs, when and where they meet, and when they might be holding rose shows. Good luck!

o

John, to prepare yourself, get a copy of "Showing Good Roses" by Robert Martin and check out Roseshow.com.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here