Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
manzomecorvus

Advice on Minis?

manzomecorvus
16 years ago

I am posting here instead of the mini rose forum because I thought y'all would be more knowledgable regarding cut flowers.

I currently have more than 4 dozen minis, but never seem to have enough pink blends for vases. I have decided I want to put in a small mini bed that will be specifically dedicated for extra cuttings.

My wants: good cut flower, good repeat bloom, and preferably, traditional "hybrid tea" form.

Good resistance to black spot and fragrance are "nice to haves". (we occaisonally get a extra wet spring that causes blackspot issues down here). Also, this bed will be in direct sun, so the roses must be able to perform well in heat, at least to mid '90s (no, I don't expect blooms in August!).

Due to the location of the future bed, I can fit probably 6 to 8 minis depending on the size. (If I could get some indication about bush size, that would also help. I have noticed that with our heat, minis generally get bigger than "catalog" size).

Here is the current list of possibles I am looking at:

Arcanum

Bees Knees

Bingo Queeen

Chattooga

Giggles

Minnie Pearl

Overnight Scentsation

Tiffany Lynn

Ultimate Pleasure

X-Rated

Can you give me some opinions on which of these would work, in your opinion? thanx!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz