Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arrangement How To's

Posted by Barb422 z6 UT (My Page) on
Mon, May 16, 05 at 18:34

This year will be only my second rose show. When looking at the arrangement section, I reallized I'm in way over my head. I'd like to try doing some arrangements but I don't know what a line or mass design is, etc, etc.

Are there any sites on the web where I can learn a little about this? Or any good books I should look for?

Thanks in advance,
Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arrangement How To's

To start, here are some articles from the ARS web site, Arrangements Using Roses.

Also, check with the society or the district to see if they have any arrangement seminars. If not, contact some of the arrangement judges to see what books they use. Also, if there are any general floral design classes in your area, take those. Our best arrangers have taken one or more of these classes. Good luck. I've only done it once, I'm not hankering to try it again any time soon!

o

Thanks Diane,
I was worried that I'd have to take a class! Now if you don't want to do it again soon, I'm gonna be way out of my league. Maybe I'll just start small and enter something in the novice section.

The link was helpful with the diagrams, at least I have an idea now of what they should look like. I know the local society isn't having any seminars. I'll have to check the rest.

Thanks,
Barb

o

No, don't get discouraged. I am not at all creative, and I spend too much time trying to get in whatever horticulture entries that I have to do an arrangement. I might try a mini oriental at some point, but I'll have to practice those for awhile.

o

Thanks a bunch Diane,

I'll definitely be very busy, so I won't have a lot a time to fuss, so maybe I'll just do the novice and enjoy everyone else's.

Barb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here