Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mlle. Cecile Brunner

Posted by Chris_Greenwood (My Page) on
Fri, May 6, 05 at 18:51

Phil - I was wondering what generated the changing of the AEN from just Cecile Brunner to Mlle Cecile Brunner?

I was looking through a 1916 Armstrong catalog and noticed that back then, it was actually be sold as Mlle Cecile Brunner.

Wonder when the Mlle. was dropped?

Just curious.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mlle. Cecile Brunner

Chris - The change back to the historical name took place before I was directly involved. However, I understand we received a letter from the Royal Horticulture Society and the RNRS asking us to go back to the older version of the name, which was the name under which it was originally introduced. I have no information on why or when the "Mlle" was dropped, although I would guess that the styles of commercial names changed and someone decided to change along with it. We have been interested in getting the names and classifications of older roses right for some time and I think this is just one of the resulting corrections. - Phil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here