Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ken_se_fl

Park Place

ken_se_fl
19 years ago

Does anyone know anything about it? From the little bit I have heard, this is supposed to be one of the finest roses Eddie Edwards has ever hyberdized.

Comments (14)

• ron_gregory
    19 years ago

Only saw picture of it, and it really looks good, of course sometimes pictures are misleading.

• woodroid
    19 years ago

What color is it. Is that the name of his red rose.

• ken_se_fl
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I just tossed this out there to see if anyone was "test" growing this rose. This is what I know. I saw a picture of it also( probably the same photo Ron saw ). The bloom looked great. The parents are Crystalline x "Babs". The bloom has the same form and color as Crystalline, except the outer petals have a deep mauve(purple, grape, what ever you want to call it) swirl or blend. The same way the pink does on Mavrik. The scent is strong. The foliage is SUPPOSED to be like Crystalline. I just hope this rose has all of Crystallines good habits and just carries Babs color swirl and great scent. Time will tell.

• phil_schorr
    19 years ago

Ken, are you sure of the name? I have seen pictures of two of Eddie's new ones and the picture I saw of Park Place is white with a deep pink edge and form much different than Crystalline. The one with the form and color like you describe was called Sweet Lara. My info may be all wrong, but that is what I have been told.

• ken_se_fl
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Phil---- I'll double check today.

• nolalady
    19 years ago

Ken:

Might be Sweet Lara. Very fragrant.
    A new introduction by Eddie Edwards.
    Jim Mills might be handling it.

Check the registrations in the May issue of the ARS Magazing

Linda A in New Orleans

• RosyPapa
    19 years ago

Any chance of posting or linking to the pics? I'm sure others besides me are tantalized.

• ken_se_fl
    Original Author
    19 years ago

My source in Palm Beach( who "might" be handling both ) told me today that Sweet Lara looks like a light mauve Moonstone, and Park Place will be white petals with mauve swirl. Park Place is "supposed" to be released later this year. This is what I have been told. I would like to here from someone who might be "testing" either one of these roses. Surly someone out there has seen these roses in real life, up close and personal.

• ron_gregory
    19 years ago

Ken, RosyPapa, update your e-mail addresses and I will forward some info.

• sharky49
    19 years ago

I know it has been a while since you have discussed this rose, but I really would like to know more about it. If it can be purchased next spring, and by who.
    Is there a picture of it around some where. Thansk in advance for any inbformation.

• steve_gw
    19 years ago

My first blooms had very few petals, but way too early to give any indication. My first blooms of Mulan looked very good. Still waiting for my Johnny B's to bloom the first time.

• ken_se_fl
    Original Author
    19 years ago

The more blooms I get, the more petals it has and the better it looks. This bush reminds me of crystalline. When the bush is young, everything looks kind of iffy. As it matures, everthing starts to come around and look great. With crystalline as on of it's parents, I can wait.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    19 years ago

It sounds like it might be very pretty. However, if "Babs" meaning Barbara Streisand has anything to do with it, I would be sure to have my sprayer handy.

• james11
    19 years ago

here's eddies new line up of introductions for this season, mu lan, pink and creme, color sorta reminds you of color magic, hardiness, moderate grower, most blooms are exhibition, park place also pink and creamy white the pink is sorta the color of reno hugo, moderate grower, also has exhibition blooms, sweet lara sorta the color of pristine very fragrant, bush moderate grower, johnny bechnel, also a pink and creme, bright foliage, moderate grower, heres sam a med pink, stephanie ann, a red and white bloom, exhibition centers, all of eddies roses have to be sprayed because they are hybrydized for their show quality, not garden quality, even though some of them make great garden roses. he has a couple more that he will introduce later this summer,