Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Test Rose 02R408 - I am in Love

Posted by AthenaRose San Diego (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 1, 04 at 2:12

Below is the beautiful entrance behind the Armstrong nursery at the Carlsbad Flower Fields

Pictured above is my 8-year-old daughter, the poet in pink, admiring the purple floribunda from afar.

This rose was mentioned at the rose hybridizers talk here in San Diego last month.

I don't remember if it was Tom Carruth or the J&P guy, but they said it was "In the pipeline for 2006" and it was a sister rose to 2 other successful floribundas.

If anyone else was at the rose lecture during the convention and remembers, please post what you know. I arrived late and missed the whole J&P presentation.

Next, we see a closer look at a cluster. This has more petals than Midnight Blue, but very similar in coloring.

Last I'm showing the close-up view of the rose and marker for test rose 02R408. I think it will be a good one to watch for if you like the color as much as I do! Of course, I realize some people don't like purple roses.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Test Rose 02R408 - I am in Love

SCRUMPTIOUS !!

o

• Posted by Cindi 8b9aTexas (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 17, 04 at 11:29

Your daughter is just beautiful. A sweetie forsure.

The rose is beautiful. I am really liking that Midnight Blue. It seems to bloom all the time. It just looks like its a Tom Carruth rose. I think the man likes purple too.

You know. That place looks so dry. All that cement looks very hot for roses. Is that mulch or dirt. Are those roses sprayed overhead. I guess that is fine, probably keeps down spidermites. If I had all that dryness. Cement, whatever. I would do done in with spidermites. It sure looks hot there. Its beauiful of course. and I love all the looks of the roses. But it looks hot. No wonder some of those roses can take Texas heat!!!!
How many roses are in that place. I probably would not be able to leave and get a sun stroke. I imagine it would take a week to really go through those roses.
Think visiting it in the spring might be a wise choice.

o

I visited the place in May during the ARS convention. The purple ones in your picture were rather impressive. They also had some very colorfast yellow roses that may have been hybrid teas which also looked really nice, but I don't know what the tag numbers were.

o

I know that 02R407 is Julia Child, and 02R304 is Wild Blue Yonder... Didn't see yours :(

o

It may be Ebb Tide, a rose listed on Weeks' site already.

Here is a link that might be useful: weeks roses

o

Oh, the other one it could be is Rhapsody in Blue. That one is supposed to be out for a 2006 release in the US, also.

Suz

o

If I remember my numbering correctly in that test garden, 02R408 is 'Ebb Tide'. It will be introduced next season. Those of us that attended the Pacific Rose Society's auction last February were able to bid on a few of these lovelies. I have heard nothing but raves about her.

'Rhapsody in Blue' will not be out in 2006, I am guessing Weeks will introduce it in 2007.

For some reason, your pics did not come up on my computer her at home or at the office.

o

I can't see it either. :(

- HershiGrl

o

me either! :(

o

...or me....

Connie

o

Nope! Can't see them! When I tried to load the pictures from the image URL, Photobucket.com error says that the files are "not found", which means that those pictures must have been deleted or moved to a different directory since the original thread was posted. Athenarose, can you post those pictures again. Your comments on the rose were so intriguing that I would really like to see the rose!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here