Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ARS Description for Tigress?

Posted by rosetom 7 Atl (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 30, 05 at 14:45

JACturpl, USPP13777. The patent was applied for in 2001, and granted in 2003. US Patent has it classed as a Floribunda. However, it's marketed as a Grandiflora. HelpMeFind also lists it as a Grandiflora, but does not list the year of introduction.

What is the exact ARS description for contest purposes? As in:

Tigress Gr, rb, 2001 OR
Tigress F, rb, 2003 ???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ARS Description for Tigress?

Found it in Rgschwerdt's 2004 Grandiflora list. Looks like it's:

Tigress Gr, m, 2003.

o

Tigress, Gr, m, 25 petals, 2003.

J&P does not register most of their roses, and they didn't register this one. Thus the 2003 date is the date of introduction, not of registration. If we could just get the nurseries to register their roses, we wouldn't have these problems. However, they don't see any advantage to them in registration, so they don't bother.

o

Just a note -- J&P dropped Tigress from their 2006 wholesale catalog.

o

I'm not surprised. Leaves, stems, and habit seem very similar to Purple Tiger - a real dog. Nevertheless, I got some good photos on occasion, and that's what I'm competing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here