Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hot Princess growth habit

Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 13, 06 at 17:30

I'm trying to decide between Hot Princess or Fame as a good, productive cut flower AND attractively shaped garden rose. Can you tell me please how HP grows (or Fame for that matter). Thank you. Your opinion on either is also welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hot Princess growth habit

My HP is grafted on Manetti (from Carlton). It has been in the ground 6 years. It is tall (hovers around 6') AND bushy, usually sends up a basal or two every year. I would consider it an attractive plant.

o

I have several on Fortuniana. They grow like a horse, but the blooms hate heat. I might be doing something wrong, but the blooms have very few petals in warmer temps(above 80) and crummy form. It really shines in January and Feb. when it is colder. I have seen some nice blooms at local shows but nothing like others report. Houston here.I call it my winter rose. Best blooms were after a frost. Very tall and slow bloomer because it grows long stems even when blooms are small.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 17, 06 at 16:51

Thank you for your experience on HP. Sure helps me in making my decision.

o

A tall plant. Mine seems to also have fewer petals and washes out with the heat. However, very nice any other time.

o

• Posted by jont1 Midwest (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 16, 06 at 3:49

I love my Hot Princess. She is super vigorous growing and blooming. She does okay for me in summer, but is definitely a better early spring and fall rose. Very good garden rose of a florist variety!
John

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here