Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hardening English 'Evelyn'

Posted by bookbaglady 5 (annnolon@lakemac.net) on
Wed, Aug 16, 06 at 20:57

I entered the English Rose Evelyn in a large spray in the artistic division of our flower show.
Two days before the exhibition I hardened the rose in hot water cooled it and put it in water with preservative, then put it in the refigerator. It was wilted on the day of the show.
Luckily I had another in the garden and cut it, put it in water with preservative, made my arrangement,it was beautiful and won 1st place the day of the show.
The next day Evelyn was an embarrassment, a pile of wilted dead looking roses.
My Graham Thomas does beautifully in the shows.
How do you harden an English Rose?

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Exhibiting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here