Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blsmith_gw

California Coastal Rose Society - News

blsmith
16 years ago

We are happy to announce the latest news from the California Coastal Rose Society. My friend Jim informed me today that he believes we are the first rose society making this connection between web site, newsletter and the world wide web. The response today was wonderfully overwhelming, my mailbox is filled with a huge number of responses. I thought you would like to see it as well.

In addition, we have other firsts, there is the exciting news about our CCRS Wine. We have commissioned a winery in Northern California which will produce wine as trophies with our own custom label that I have designed for our 2008 rose show - details are in the newsletter - Cheers!

The Coastal Rose

Brenda Landers-Smith, Editor

This issue marks the beginning of another progressive step for the California Coastal Rose Society. Jane Diliberto served faithfully as Newsletter Editor from 2000 - 2004, Cindy Beatty Hendrix was another outstanding editor for the year 2005. Jane continued on from 2006 to June 2007. Her resignation early this summer opened up a discussion regarding the future direction of the newsletter.

The consensus was to connect the newsletter to our award winning web site in a way that provides our members the best education and resources to grow better roses. Our research revealed that 85% of our members have Internet access. The 15% who do not have Internet access will receive the newsletter via postal mail. The significant cost savings was an important element in the decision to ensure our membership dues remain affordable to everyone.

You will notice throughout this email newsletter, there are many links to the world wide web. We are quite possibly the first rose society in the United States taking this step in communication. In the future we will be offering creative,informative surveys,"gifts" and resources to our members through this new vehicle. In addition, I have had the honor and privilege to obtain several notable authors and renowned rosarians who will provide regular monthly columns to The Coastal Rose. The future is bright for CCRS!

Also, I am very happy to announce a cooperative effort with Marcia Sanchez-Walsh, President of the Los Angeles Rose Society uniting our two societies with several exciting opportunities. Her fresh, bright and positive influence has inspired a remarkable friendship you will enjoy in the near future.

Our goal is to expand your garden of knowledge in a way that you will find convenient, innovative and exciting.

Welcome to the first on line newsletter from the

California Coastal Rose Society.

Click here for the actual email as it appeared today in its debut:

Here is a link that might be useful: The Coastal Rose Preview

Sponsored