DUBLIN
{{gwi:350308}}

DISNEYLAND ROSE

DOLLY PARTON

DOLORES HOPE

Comments (46)

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Those are darling and delightful! (see the letter "D" theme!) :)

My favorites are
    - Dublin!!!! This rose is sooooo pretty!! What do you think of this rose?
    - Dolly Parton!! Wow!!! I know it's got a fab perfume - but what do you think of this rose?
    Dublin and Dolly are roses I have been interested in getting.
    - Dolores Hope - love the color! I didn't know that Bob Hope's wife had a rose named after her.
    - Della Reese is another rose that looks worth getting!! How pretty!!!

Wow!

Unfortunately I have only a few pictures of Double Delight - which didn't turn out very well. So I have no D roses to add. :(
    But I do have a dogs and daughters picture!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Beth - You really have gorgeous "D" roses, love them all, but my favorites are -

Disco
    Desiree
    Daybreaker
    Della Reese
    Desert Peace
    Delilah
    Dolly Parton
    Delores Hope

Carol - Love seeing the picture of your lovely daughters and the dogs.

I have three "D" roses, they are -

DROP DEAD RED

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

DUBLIN BAY

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

And finally -

DOUBLE DELIGHT

• inga007
    10 years ago

WOW!
    We are only at the start of the alphabet and I already have a marvelous slide show.

Keep those wonderful blooms coming.

Thank you for sharing.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Beth--love your first two--Disco and Desiree--and Delta Gold, now that I think of it. Dolly and Delores are amazingly good looking roses--even if that is getting to be a bit too much red for me--despite my red and white big bed-- : )

Here's a few "D" roses in my garden, but the pics (not very good) are repeats of some of Sara's, unfortunately--but the best I can do.

Double Knock Out--bright and dependable, but I prefer the peonies and iris next to it (the only rose I'd say that about).
    {{gwi:249632}}

Double Delight--indispensable in any HT collection
    {{gwi:297471}}

Dublin Bay climber
    {{gwi:345168}}

Kate

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Great shots everyone...especially loving the daughters and dog pic :)!
    I'm guessing there will be a lot of Double Delight bloom pics, so how about a bush shot:

And same for Dolly Parton:

Duchesse de Brabant (tea)

Ducher (china)

And the miniflora Deja Blu (huge blooms for a mini and each one perfectly formed)

I think that's all my D's.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

"D" licious roses! Love Disco and Deliliah!

Dainty Bess

Dick Clark

Double Delight

Double Take
    {{gwi:330041}}

Dream Come True

Duchesse de Brabant
    {{gwi:323944}}

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Kate - Your Double Knockout Rose looks healthy, I like it. Your irises and peonies are lovely too. Pat, I always like your full bush shots, your roses seem so prolific and very healthy looking. I ordered Dolly Parton from Palatine and can only hope that it will do as good as yours. Seil, your photos are always so pretty and unique. Dream Come True is a gorgeous rose and Dainty Bess looks so sweet.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Wow!
    Love that Drop Dead Red!! Talk about a wonderful bush!!

Pat - love your bush shots too - especially the Double Delight!!

Awesome pictures everyone!!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Pat--love those bush shots!

Seill--as usual, wonderful "portraits" of your HTs. I love your blends.

Kate

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    10 years ago

Don Juan is the "D' rose that I would not be with out. Hopefully I can capture a better image next season as it is a much darker red than what is presented.

Lynn

• marhelm
    10 years ago

Double delight

Distant Drums

Dark Night

• marhelm
    10 years ago

Dick Clark

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Marhel - are those both Dick Clark? What a difference!!
    - I love your Dark Knight!! Wow!

Lynn - what a big happy looking rose!

Carol

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

We have a delightful debut of D's, starting with Beth who has displayed her demure (I've got to stop this with the D thing) Double Feature, so unusual with its muted rose coloring and lighter center. Then there is dark Della Reese, with her stunning color and those porcelain smooth petals. Very desirable Ds.
    Carol, those daughters and dog-deer are so cute.
    Sara-Ann, I love eyecatching Dublin Bay.
    Kate, your grouping of red, white, and blue really appeals to me and is so well thought out. It's a great way to use a red rose.
    Pat, Deja Blu is an impressive mini with so many blooms in that gorgeous color.
    Seil, I looove Dainty Bess, and you know how to take her picture. The photo of Duchesse de Brabant is exquisite.
    Lynn, that is a sumptuous shot of Don Juan. He looks enormous.
    Marhal, Distant Drums looks like a watercolor painting with such a subtle blend of color.
    Thanks all for this delectable display of D's. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I have only two D's to display. Dainty Bess has been difficult to photograph. She's a big, gawky plant for me, with lots of lovely blooms, though. Diamond Eyes was a new Carruth mini last year. It was only in the ground a week or two when this photo was taken. Diane
    Here's Dainty Bess.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

And here's Diamond Eyes. Diane

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    10 years ago

Wow there are a lot of amazing D roses. Deja Blu, Diamond Eyes, Dream Come True, Dolly Parton, Daily Sketch and Delta Gold are pretty darn faboo. At least three of those I'm
    hoping to pick up this year.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Lynn - Love your picture of Don Juan, just beautiful. Marhel - I really like your Dark Night and Distant Drums, very nice. Diane - Dainty Bess is such a pretty rose, yours is lovely.

• DrPekeMom
    10 years ago

Dancing in the wind

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    10 years ago

All of the roses are so beautiful!

Beth, I have been searching for Desiree but cannot seem to locate this rose. May I ask, what class of rose is Desiree, and/or would you happen to know a retail nursery that stocks this beauty?

Lynn

• DrPekeMom
    10 years ago

And here's my double delight

10 years ago

NICE pic of Double Delight. I've tried this rose twice, and it's died on me both times! Grr.

I have no D roses that haven't already been posted except (shameless plug) for my Dick Clark Sport, which is doing pretty well. Still small though.

10 years ago

A darker bloom.

10 years ago

Showing more yellow, with less petals due to the heat.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Brittie, I think you need to share some cuttings of that beauty both to have back ups and to test it in different climates. I would be more than willing to help you out with that!

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

That's a super rose sport. I think we all need to test it Brittie.
    I really debated whether to buy this rose. Unfortunately I didn't and haven't seen it since.

Dr. Bob Harvey - Winchel'93

• the_dark_lady
    10 years ago

Very few D's here:

Darcey Bussell

Darlow's Enigma

Dee Dee Bridgewater

Dentelle

Devoniensis

Dieter Muller

Dolcezza

Dr. Jackson

Dark Night

• inga007
    10 years ago

Some gorgeous blooms. Love the colour of Dee Dee Bridgewater

10 years ago

Dee Dee Bridgewater is crazy beautiful!!

As soon as my sport is big enough for cuttings, I'll send them out. I really do like it.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Dark Lady--gorgeous roses, as usual. I've never really looked carefully at Darlow's Enigma, but your photo caused me to do that--that is one outstanding bush. Wish I had room for one.

I also like the color and shape of Dolcezza.

Britie--I'm crazy about your sport. How has it been for disease-resistance? If it's not a disease-magnet, I might want a cutting also (and I hate messing around with cuttings). : )

Kate

10 years ago

It's sort of hard to say about disease since I barely stuck this cutting in May of 2012, so still to young to really know. The first full year saw no disease at all, but then I moved this fall within walking distance of the bay, and oh boy, every plant I had came down with blackspot and/or one of the other spot diseases (I never remember which is which). No blackspot for the sport, but it did have a case of the other. Cercospora? Seems like that was it.

• romanpot
    10 years ago

Here is my DREAM COME TRUE, a beautiful grandiflora rose.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow Brittie! That sport is gorgeous! Put me on the list of people who'd love to "test" it for you!!

Irisgal, I love your DR BOB. I didn't have a good enough pic from last season to show mine. Yours looks much better!! Glad you posted it.

Marina, as always your pics are just gorgeous.

Love all the pics of DARK NIGHT. I'll be posting mine under its original name of EDDY MITCHELL in the next thread.

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

Oh wow! Utterly gorgeous! All of them! Thx for sharing!

10 years ago

I really shouldn't be allowed to visit these threads- too many roses end up on my wish list. Dream Come True is breathtaking.

Thanks Beth!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Drpekemom, what a charming rose Dancing with the Wind is, all scallops and ruffles--quite adorable.
    Brittie, you have your gorgeous Dick Clark sport, so don't be sad about Double Delight. Does "sport" have a name yet?
    Marina, your Deter Muller has an intriguing look, and what lovely match is makes with the beauty Dolcezza.
    Romanpot, that's a great photo of the eyecatching colors of Dream Come True.
    Diane

• Kippy
    10 years ago

Darcey Bussell today
    {{gwi:226062}}

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Kippy,
    'Darcey Bussell' is one seriously dark cerise pink on my monitor. Is it that color in person or does it look redder? Gorgeous. Any idea of how tall it will become in z10? TIA

Rroman,
    Love your photo of 'Dream Come True'.

• unbiddenn
    10 years ago

Distant Drum is just breathtaking.

• Kippy
    10 years ago

My Darcey Bussell is more a wine color, with some pink tones. This bloom was starting to shatter and not at its best

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    10 years ago

Distant Drums
    {{gwi:223625}}

{{gwi:295290}}

This post was edited by diane_nj on Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 13:09

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Wow, those really show how many faces DD can have!

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    10 years ago

I don't have many "D" roses, but I will add some to this display of eye candy, especially that picture of Delilah. That one looks good enough to be a real prize winner possibility. The first one on my short list is the hybrid musk Dancin' in the Wind. It blooms well in the spring, but anything after that can be quite iffy.

The next one is Duchesse de Rohan, officially a hybrid perpetual. Once it gets old enough, it does repeat bloom fairly well.

The next one is a solitary bloom on the HT Dainty Bess peeking out from among the leaves.

Occasionally, the HT Duet Supreme had some nice flowers. Below was one of them.

The last one for this group is one of the very first roses to win the AARS award. It is the HT Dickson's Red.

I hope you will like these also.

Sponsored
Above Board Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Custom Deck & Outdoor Enclosure Solutions in Loudoun County