Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Roses "I"

bethnorcal9
10 years ago

Time to do the "I" roses. You wouldn't think there'd be that many.... but I actually have quite a few.

IMPERATRICE FARAH - a little out of focus
{{gwi:1196584}}

IMPULSE
{{gwi:1196585}}

INCOGNITO mini - with possible sport
{{gwi:1196586}}

INDIAN FEMA
{{gwi:1196587}}

INTERMEZZO
{{gwi:262568}}

ICED GINGER
{{gwi:1196588}}

ILSE
{{gwi:1196590}}

INTREPID
{{gwi:1196592}}

INCENSE INDIGO
{{gwi:1196594}}

IMAGINE
{{gwi:1196596}}

IRISH HOPE
{{gwi:1196598}}

INGRID BERGMAN - another one out of focus... geez

INK SPOTS

IN THE MOOD - oopsy... another out of focus...

ICE CREAM
{{gwi:345784}}

IRISH CREME
{{gwi:345744}}

IDA

Looks like I'm gonna have to start using a tripod. Too many out of focus ones!

Comments (19)

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Oh Beth!! There are some real beauties in this group!!!

I love, love, love your Intermezzo and your Imagine. Wow!!! Blew me away!!

Wow I also love your Imperatice F. - Such a lovely picture!! Maybe my eyesight is crappy (and well, yeah, it is) - but all of your pictures look wonderful - I don't see the out of focus.

So for the Incognito - which one is the sport - is it the cream colored one?? Looks like it's a beautiful sport whether it be the purple or the café au lait color. Have you thought of any names?? I love the lighter color along the edges.

Unfortunately, my computer's hard drive has died - so I can't upload any pictures until I get my new computer. At least I saved my pictures!

Gorgeous roses, Beth!
    Carol

• inga007
    10 years ago

I'm astonished by the amount of "I "rose you have.
    It's impossible to choose faves.
    I'm so glad there are so many letter in the alphabet.

• lesmc
    10 years ago

You never disappoint Beth!!!! Once again, amazing variety of roses.Irish Cream is my favorite. It would be amazing to walk thru your gardens and see all of these roses at one time! Thanks again for sharing with us. Lesley

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Some very impressive "I" roses. There are several that I really like. I always love your dark reds, Ink Spots is no exception. Ingrid Bergman is a beautiful rose, mine never was very vigorous though. I think it and Intrigue are the only "I" roses I've ever had.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 9:56

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Lovely, Beth! I really like the Iced Ginger! I could have had an Irish Creme an passed it up. Silly me!

Iced Raspberry

Intrigue

Iobelle

Irresistible

Isolde Hit

Ivory Tower

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Some very pretty "I" roses Seil. I like your Ivory Tower, Intrigue, Iobelle and Iced Raspberry very much. They are all lovely.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Beth--love your Irish Hope (such delicate coloring) and Ink Spots (so dramatically dark red).

I always call Ice Cream by the alternate name Memoire, but either way, it is a nice white and fairly disease-resistant. I'm offering mine here -- not because it is better than your picture, but because it is the only "I" rose I have. Actually, I've never been able to get a really good picture of it--always have problems with slightly brown edges.

Ice Cream (Memoire) HT

Kate

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys! I actually have more "I" roses but either they didn't bloom last yr or the pics weren't good enough to post.

Carol, INCOGNITO is the mauve bloom, and that beigey-cream one is a possible sport. I forgot about it and didn't mark the stem. I haven't pruned yet, so maybe I better try to remember not to prune it til after it blooms now. I wanna see if it does that again!

Seil, your ICED RASPBERRY is a lot more "red" than mine. Mine always comes out a more crimson-red color. INTRIGUE is one that I simply cannot get the picture to look good no matter how perfect the bloom. They never come out right colorwise and look washed out. I have IOBELLE, but she rarely blooms.

Here are a couple more that look a little crappy, but figured I'd add 'em anyway...

IRRESISTIBLE mini - forgot to post this one

ICED RASPBERRY mini - thrippy... and see the difference in color?

IVORY TOWER - reeeeally thrippy!
    {{gwi:1196617}}

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    10 years ago

Beth, love the Incognito sport! Wish mine would do the same!

Incognito

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

I usually prefer blooms packed with petals, but this single Imposter speaks to me. The petals look hand-painted & are just beautiful.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Seil's picture shows how even the color is. I keep getting a blown out (lightened) center. This bud stage lasts a week here! But when it opens it's over in 2 days.

Intrigue - Warriner'82, florib.

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Incredible "I"s everyone!!! Intrigue is the only one I have. Here's a partial bush shot:

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Beth, I think the difference in our IRs might be because mine is in way to much shade! Glad to see your Irresistible gets the same flat centers as mine. I bought it as a show rose but it never gives me a decent center!

As for getting the colors I use a fill flash on most all my shots even in bright sunlight. I've found it captures the colors better. But I still do have trouble with reds.

• redwolfdoc_z5
    10 years ago

I'm surprised no one has posted Iceberg yet! Mine tends to fall victim to BS but before that there's usually one nice flush...

Some beautiful "I" roses here! I particularly like the shots of Iced Ginger, Imagine, Ivory Tower and Imposter - never seen that one before!

Icerberg

• DrPekeMom
    10 years ago

Irish Hope, one of my favorites!

• Kippy
    10 years ago

Iceberg
    {{gwi:303273}}

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Iceberg and Pink Iceberg from the Huntington

• neptune44
    10 years ago

Imperatrice Farah

Imagine

Ingrid Bergman

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Neptune44 - Very nice roses - Love your Ingrid Bergman and Imagine is lovely and unique.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!