{{gwi:1197219}}

Excellenz von Schubert
{{gwi:1197221}}

Eyes for You
{{gwi:1197223}}

Comments (26)

• onederw
    11 years ago

Fabulous, drool-worthy images, dark lady, which prompts me to offer a suggestion. Your photos, and those of the other "alphabetical" posters, are in general at least as good, and often way better, than the ones on Help Me Find. As a photography ignoramus myself, I have no idea how hard it would be to do, but you might consider uploading some of your images to HMF, which remains the "go-to" resource for many of us as we look up new rose acquisition possibilities.

Kay

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Oh goody--some of my favorite roses fall in the "E" category.

Elina (grandiflora)--moving into its mature blooming stage. This is a vigorous beauty, and disease-resistant!

Elina--in full bloom. I love that ruffly look.
    {{gwi:345737}}

Elle (HT)-- This is a great HT--wonderful blend of colors.
    {{gwi:350361}}

Eutin (floribunda)--the very first rose I ever planted years ago. I've had at least one in every garden I've planted since then. See its big clusters of blooms--and how occasionally one cluster will stick out from all the others. Its odd quirk. LOL
    {{gwi:324208}}

Eutin--whole bush, towards the end of its bloom cycle.

Earth Song (grandiflora)-- isn't that a nearly "perfect" bloom!
    {{gwi:205408}}

Earth Song--whole bush in early spring after a severe pruning to rejuvenate it. It worked -- lots of blooms, though a lighter pink than usual (early in season, maybe?)
    {{gwi:292621}}

Earth Song--whole bush shot, in hot summertime. That is the more typical color. Poor bush also got moved twice that summer!
    {{gwi:259578}}

Eden climber -- great climber, but I must remember to take more pictures this summer. This is one of the few I have.
    {{gwi:288856}}

Hope you enjoyed those. We are waiting for yours also. : )

Kate

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kate, your roses are fabulous, with Eden and Earth Song (I need it!!) being my absolute favorites.

Kay, thank you very much for your suggestion, but I am already contributing to HMF for at least 7-8 years:) I usually upload photos to my Photobucket account and HMF simultaneously.

Just in case you are interested, here is the link to my garden listing on HMF. And, yes, HMF is one of my favorite reference guides in the world! I literally use it daily:)

Marina

Here is a link that might be useful: My HMF listing

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

I meant to add that I adore Dark Lady's "E" roses also--and I believe she does post her photos at HMF. I've posted a few, but not many. But you are right, Kay--we have some really first-rate photographers on this forum, don't we!

I'm amazed at the dark purple of Ebb Tide--had no idea its color was that strong.

Eglantine is always exquisitely beautiful. Wish it had better disease-resistance so I could plant it in my garden.

And Escimo is a wonderful white. I like lots of contrasting white in my gardens--looks so cool in hot summertime and sets off the colors of the other roses also. Most of my whites are non-roses however--hardy geraniums and such. Escimo is a fine-looking bush as a whole, isn't it.

Kate

• onederw
    11 years ago

Thanks, Kate, Marina and all of you. Great to know that you are "feeding" HMF with your fabulous photos. I envy you your skill. I can describe almost anything in prose--I write for living-- but it's all I can do to get a shot off with my cell phone. Looking forward to this fabulous journey through the rest of the alphabet with all of you!

Kay

• Karolina11
    11 years ago

Love the Dark Night!

Dark Lady, may I inquire where you got your Elizabeth Stuart? I have been looking for months but roses unlimited lost their mother plant and I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Gorgeous photos!

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everybody!

Karolina, yes, my two bushes of Elizabeth Stuart are from Roses Unlimited. If you wish, I can send you a few cuttings of it (my bushes are very large), or I can try to root it for you. Just, please, remind me sometime in February when I spring prune my roses. I will be happy to help.

Marina

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

OMGoodness!!! I can't believe how gorgeous the Es are!!!
    Some of my fav pics are:
    - Earth Song - never knew it was GORGEOUS!!! Wow!
    - E. en Brod
    - Elle - I have that one (new last year). Hope mine eventually gets that beautiful!!
    - E. Guillot - Gah - So beautiful!! What a color!!
    - English Elegance - the color and the shape!!!
    - Eifelzauber
    - Elizabeth Stuart
    - Eddie Mitchell - what a color!!!

Thank you everyone - they are all fabulous pictures of gorgeous roses!!!
    Caorl

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Marina, Love the E's. Ebb Tide has been a favorite of mine since the day it hit the market--and indeed it does have that strong, rich color. It just takes time, and not too much hot sun. Your Erinnerung an Brod is stunning. I have admired that rose for ages. Love Eyes for You playing peekaboo. So cute.
    Kate, I love Elina's ruffles. Wouldn't she look adorable with some ruffly Angel Face blooms in a vase? Your Eden Climber is gorgeous. Oh, for more space.
    Thanks everyone for the E treats. Diane

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Wow! So many beauties! I wish I had room for all of them! I've been wanting Eden for years and that Earth Song is stunning!

Elle

English Sonnet

Eyeconic Pink Lemonade

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Seil, those photos are works of art! English Sonnet looks almost like a tree peony, but lovelier. Eyeconic Pink Lemonade is perfection. Love all three photos. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

My Granddaughter just started photographing my garden last spring, so there are some gaps in my photo file at this point. I only have photos of my E roses in vases as part of bouquets to post. Next spring we'll begin anew and have more to show. Thanks for looking, and thanks, Clare, for being so patient with your Nana. Diane

Ebb Tide and Ascot Bouquet

Evelyn and Sarah Bernhardt Peony Bouquet

Evelyn Bouquet

• inga007
    11 years ago

I'm drooling, from all these lovely photos. This is better than summer. I'm so glad, that every one is posting these fantastic rose photos.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

nana, you have some great roses there! Can't wait to see them in the garden blooming. Don't forget to show us.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Thanks, Nan! I love your big bouquets!

• Karolina11
    11 years ago

Marina, I will definitely be reminding you. Thank you very much!

Seil, your English Sonnet is perfect!

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Dang you guys are getting waaaay ahead of me. I haven't had time to do much re-tweaking lately, so it might take me awhile to get caught up.

Marina, I love your roses, expecially the Guillots! I got ELIZABETH STUART several yrs ago from RU, but I don't think it's ever bloomed. I sure wish it would. I am still jealous of you and your EYES FOR YOU!!

Kate, I love that EARTHSONG! I always was going to order it, but never did. It sure is beautiful.

Seil I love your EYECONIC PINK LEMONADE!

Diane, your EVELYN is just gorgeous!!

Here's a few of my E roses:

ENGLISH PERFUME
    {{gwi:1197233}}

EMMA
    {{gwi:1197234}}

EDEN CL
    {{gwi:1197235}}

EXCITING
    {{gwi:1197236}}

EASY DOES IT
    {{gwi:1197237}}

ELIZA
    {{gwi:1197238}}

ELINA
    {{gwi:1197239}}

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Beth, I think I'm following you, trying to catch up myself. Too many gorgeous roses! English Perfume is such a sweet lavender. Does it have a nice scent? Emma is another of those roses that look just like porcelain. You've got some subtly colored roses here like the stunning Elina. She looks like a lemon creme (I must be getting hungry!). Diane

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Beth, great to see you posting photos! I missed you.
    That English Perfume is out of this world! So beautiful and delicate.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

I'm partial to Elina--what a wonderfully "soft" look in that pic. She is a great rose. But I agree, Emma has that same delicate look but in a pink shade. Both are lovely.

Kate

• harborrose_pnw
    11 years ago

Everyone's E's are beautiful. I am so glad to see Errinerung an Brod; mine has (have I said this before?) not bloomed yet. Eyeconic Lemonade is one I've wanted and the Evelyn I'd ordered isn't coming since it was from Pickering. I'm going to have to find another source. Diane, I love yours.

Elle is so beautiful, as is Earthsong. Really beautiful, everyone! Thanks for posting.

I can only add two -

Excellenz von Schubert

Empress Michiko, a very young own root hybrid tea

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Oooooh--the Empress is so lovely and soft and delicate, harbor. Hope she turns out to be one of the stars in your garden.

Kate

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

harborrose, the Empress is perfection, like porcelain, and Excellenz is not bad either--love the color and packed petals. Thanks for posting these beauties. Diane

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Harborrose, your Excellenz von Schubert is so wonderful.
    Looks different from mine. I keep getting comments that mine is a Gartendirektor Otto Linne. But I have GOL and they look different.
    Where did you get yours? I think I need to get another 'version' of Excellenz to find out the truth:)

Could you please take a look at mine. Does it look different from yours?

{{gwi:1197221}}

{{gwi:1197242}}

{{gwi:1197243}}

• harborrose_pnw
    11 years ago

hi, Marina,

Yours is pretty, whatever its name is! Where did it come from?

This is my GOL, which in truth was sold to me by Antique Rose Emporium as a polyantha which they call EVS. Their description doesn't jive with hmf, so I call what I bought from ARE, GOL.

Vintage says that EVS is a fragrant purple hybrid musk and GOL a pink non fragrant shrub/hm.

this is my clone from ARE, whatever its name is but I call GOL.

hmf says GOL has a white eye, which I find in these blooms -

What I grow as EvS came from Rogue Valley, who sells both a clone of GOL and EvS.

My EvS from Rogue Valley has mostly smooth canes but has some bristles and grows like a climber or hybrid musk, definitely not a polyantha or a shrub rose. This is my EvS from Rogue Valley -

Anyway, if it's a pink poly/shrub non fragrant and thorny thing with EVS as its name, I tend to call it GOL. If it is a purple fragrant smooth hybrid musk I call it EVS. I think there are a number of clones floating around with variations on those characteristics ... and I'm sure lots of people might disagree with what I just said.

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus