JULIE NEWMAR

JULIO IGLESIAS
{{gwi:329626}}

JUST DREAMY

Comments (32)

• pat_bamaz7
    9 years ago

Beth,
    I LOVE the coloring of Joshua Bradley, and Just Dreamy is pretty darn dreamy looking!

Mas_Loves_Roses, Your Pope John Paul II blooms are beautiful!!! There isn't a way to put multiple pics in the same post through Gardenweb only, but you can load your pictures into photobucket (or similar free internet photo site) and then copy the html code of the pictures into your message here to get more than one picture per post.

Jeanne d’Arc (new for me last season…I’ve recently become enamored with noisettes, and this one is no exception)

{{gwi:2130528}}

Jubilee Celebration (new for me last season…still small, but a good bloomer so far)

{{gwi:2130529}}

Julia Child

{{gwi:2130530}}

JFK (here, he is a decent rose, but evidently he’s particular about climate/conditions, and doesn’t do well in many places)

{{gwi:2130531}}

{{gwi:2130532}}

Just Joey (beautiful blooms on a rather wimpy plant that gets cold damage even here in the sunny south)

{{gwi:2130533}}

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    9 years ago

I really love Janet and Julie Newmar. So pretty! Jubilee Celebration is one that I really like in my garden too. Still small after two (three?) Years, but blooms often.

• kathy9norcal
    9 years ago

All those beautiful J roses! Love them all! Too many favorites. Here are mine:

{{gwi:2130534}}
    Jean Giono, a favorite, never takes a bad photo

{{gwi:2130535}}
    Just Joey, great rose here in northern California

{{gwi:2130536}}
    Julia Child, as a standard

Joshua Bradley, put on your sunglasses!

Jenny Ann, a small mini rose I love.

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Jewel Grace

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

There are too many beautiful J roses to try to name my favorites, I love everyone of them!

JULIA CHILD: Love this one already, hope it keeps getting better, like the ones I've seen on this forum!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

JFK: My bush seems healthy enough, but puts out just a few really nice blooms, even though it's a fairly prolific bloomer. When they are pretty, I love them!

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Beautiful everyone! I'm sooooo jealous of those JFKs! Never got a decent open bloom here.

The only J I have is Julia Child
    {{gwi:2130537}}

• inga007
    9 years ago

Normally, a lot of begonias look like roses, but J H PIERNEEF' looks like a begonia. JUST DREAMY really looks like it's name. JAMES GALWAY blew me away and Jose Carreras looks pristine.

Loved the 2 JFK's too.

Lovely roses, every one.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    9 years ago

I love James, Janet, Joshua, and Julie--and all the rest too. What a handsome lot we have here!

Jeane d'arc is pretty cool also!

Here's my Jubilee Celebration--still a somewhat wimpy plant after 7 years, but oh, those blooms--gorgeous, eh, Pat? (Though your photo is much better than mine!)

{{gwi:234833}}

Kate

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

'James Galway' is gorgeous! And 'Jean du Tilleux' is catching my eye.
    Another exquisite Pope John Paul II. Such a beautiful white. If my friend's hadn't languished and died over 5 years I'd have it in an instant. Maybe our last few years of cooler summers may not be to its liking.
    Does 'Julia Child' ever take a bad picture? She's a home run for Carruthers.
    Eager to see more of your 'Jubilee Celebration' Pat. Awfully pretty.
    The more 'Just Joey' pictures the better. He's consistently the color of salmon here.

Jump For Joy - Bedard'13, florib.

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

A repeat of the floriferous Julia Child

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Just Joey - a unique salmon color here

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Joseph's Coat - a multicolor_ful Climber, gaudy, bright and delightful

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Not a very good picture but soon I'll have my very own!

Jude The Obscure

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    9 years ago

iris, love that pic of Julia!

Kate

• kathy9norcal
    9 years ago

Iris, I had Joseph's Coat for years til it declined and had to be removed. Nothing could beat its spring flush. The back fence was on fire. I miss it.

• redwolfdoc_z5
    9 years ago

I love love love Jude the Obscure every time I see it! Wish I had room for it. Just Joey is another that catches my eye. Such pretty, subtle variations.

Beautiful shots everyone.

All I have for J is Julia Child... here's a bud shot just to mix it up a bit
    {{gwi:2130538}}

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Kathy I'm sorry your Joseph died. I've lost a few roses during this drought. And not the ones I'd like to shovel prune. Drats!
    Thanks Kate. That pic always makes me smile.
    Love your salvia/Julia combo Redwolf.

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    9 years ago

Joseph's Coat

Lynn

9 years ago

Also Joseph's Coat

{{gwi:300603}}

9 years ago

Another

{{gwi:300602}}

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!

• Mas_Loves_Roses
    9 years ago

So manyyyyy beautiful roses! I wish I had a bigger yard!

Pat, thank you for the response. your roses are lovely! I love the companion plants that you set around your roses. What is the red rose in the background of Jubilee Celebration?

This post was edited by Mas_Loves_Roses on Sat, Jan 31, 15 at 22:15

• pat_bamaz7
    9 years ago

Mas_Loves_Roses, Thanks! That's Munstead Wood blooming behind Jubilee Celebration. MW was new for me last year, too...a rose I ordered based on DublinBay/Kate's beautiful pictures and praise, and so far, MW seems to be doing well here.

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

I really am loving these posts!!!
    Redwolf - I just love the yellow of Julia Child next to the blue plant!!! (larkspur??)

I have two Js.

Julio Iglesias and Just Joey - overwintered in the garage.

Here's Julio Iglesias

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    9 years ago

I only have a couple worth looking at. The first is the old hybrid perpetual John Hopper.

{{gwi:2130539}}

The next one, Joan Fontaine, has done rather well once it got going. It made this little show.

{{gwi:2130540}}

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OMG I can't wait for my JULIO to look like that!!

• pat_bamaz7
    9 years ago

The Joseph Coats and Julias are all beautiful!!!
    Carol, That is a happy looking Julio...just gorgeous!
    Bustopher, Joan Fontaine has been on my wish list the past couple of years, but haven't gotten her yet. Yours is lovely!

• redwolfdoc_z5
    9 years ago

Carol, that Julio is glorious! I've wondered - do you take advantage of mobile roses by rearranging them now and then, or do you have dedicated spots for each? I'd redecorate all the time I think! :)

That's May Night salvia with the Julia - it varies between deep purple and blue and is lovely. It can get a bit floppy with the amount of water that roses like, but I find that's easily controlled with frequent haircuts, which have the added benefit of encouraging rebloom.

• lorrihz
    8 years ago

Here is one! Jacqueline du Pre....

• rosecanadian
    8 years ago

Redwolf - I rearrange them every year, but after that I leave them alone. That one went into a much larger pot - and those larger pots are too heavy for me to move easily.

The fragrance of Julio Iglesias' blooms is divine!!!

Love your Jacqueline du Pre - lorrihz!!! The red stamens are just so pretty against the white.

Carol