Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Roses "E"

bethnorcal9
10 years ago

Ok on with the next letter of the alphabet....

EMMA (DE MEILLAND)
{{gwi:1197947}}

EUROPEAN TOUCH
{{gwi:1197948}}

ESPERANCE (florist)
{{gwi:1197949}}

EDGAR DEGAS
{{gwi:1197950}}

EL DORADO
{{gwi:1197952}}

ELINA
{{gwi:1197954}}

ELIZA
{{gwi:1197957}}

ELIZABETH OF GLAMIS (IRISH BEAUTY)
{{gwi:1197960}}

EDDY MITCHELL (DARK NIGHT)
{{gwi:346336}}

ELLE
{{gwi:1197964}}

ESPECIALLY FOR YOU
{{gwi:1197967}}

ELSIE MELTON (PICTURE PERFECT)
{{gwi:1197970}}

ENGLISH PERFUME
{{gwi:1197972}}

EDEN ROSE (not the climber)
{{gwi:1197974}}

ENDURING LOVE

EXCITING (florist)

EXOTICA (florist)

ENGLISH GARDENS
{{gwi:234855}}

EDITOR TOMMY CAIRNS

EASY DOES IT (that's not disease on the leaves, it's pine pollen... yuck)

Comments (42)

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    10 years ago

I don't know several of those, but I really like English Perfume (looks so soft and pretty), and English Gardens. And that is a really good picture of Dark Night. Shows off the reverse well.

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

IâÂÂm loving that English Perfume, too!

Here are my EâÂÂs:

Ebb Tide showing its magenta coloring in the heat, rather than the smoky purple cooler weather coloring

{{gwi:225530}}

One of ElleâÂÂs many different looks

Electron

Easy Going

Easy Does It with Easy Going in the background

Eternal Flame in cool weather

And in the heat

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Beth--Dark Night and English Perfume--wonderful!

Pat--what a floriferous Ebb Tide--love it!

Finally--I've got more than one or two of these!

Easter Basket--ruffly floribunda, very disease-resistant
    {{gwi:217627}}

Eden climber (back when I still had one--summer casualty!)
    {{gwi:233097}}

Eutin--earlier Kordes floribunda, very disease-resistant
    {{gwi:350890}}

Elle--HT--bush shot
    {{gwi:350361}}

Elina--ruffly grandiflora--disease-resistant
    {{gwi:345737}}

Kate

10 years ago

Eternal Flame is one of my favorite roses. Blooms its fanny off and has such a great scent. I replaced St Patrick with E. F. and have never regretted it. I do not have Easy Going, and it's really calling my name. It looks fantastic next to Easy Does It with the white fence behind them like that.

I only have one other E rose. Need to get on a real computer and post it before someone else does. Ha!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Oh wow, the E's are my favorite group so far from you, Beth...where to begin.Esperance is much more appealing to me, with its pale pink edged petals, than most plastic looking florists' roses. Eddy Mitchell and Elle are both stunning and a study in contrasts, one so dark/light, and the other, Elle, so delicately subtle. English Perfume and Exotica have more of that same subtle beauty I love. I hope my new Easy Does It looks half as good as yours does when spring arrives.
    Pat, even though Ebb Tide has lightened some, she still looks lovely. When mine fade, they look just awful. Easy Going is so pretty with all those ruffly petals and yummy color. What a beautiful and impressive grouping EG makes with East Does It. I hope my new EDT can look a little like yours.
    So far the E's have been extraordinary. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Here are my few E's, starting with Ebb Tide. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Next is Eglantyne. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Here is Evelyn looking apricot. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

As a contrast, here is Evelyn again, this time looking pink. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Finally, here is my baby Easy Does It, looking pretty scant compared to Beth's and Pat's, but I have hope. Diane

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Beth - Lot of beautiful roses. I especially like:
    - Elina - that's got to be the best picture of Elina I've ever seen. :)
    - Elizabeth of Glamis - I've read that's a fantastic bloomer. What do you think?
    - Eddy Mitchell - such a stunner! Do you have a bush shot?
    - English Gardens - just lovely!

Pat -such a bunch of lovelies! My favs are:
    - Ebb Tide - wow!!! the color!!!
    - Elle - so romantic looking
    - Electron - what a bloom! What do you think of the scent?
    - Easys - wow!! What fantastic garden plants!! Oh my goodness!!
    - Eternal Flame - just love the color.

Dublinbay - !!!
    - Easter Basket - that is such a perfect name for that rose. Your photo is soooo romantic looking.
    - Eden Climber - come on!!! Nothing can be that gorgeous!!! Now that's a rose!!!

Nanadoll -
    - Ebb Tide - love, love, love the color
    - Eglantine!!! I've always been thinking of getting that rose. Your picture is stunning! What do you think of the fragrance? Wow!!
    - Evelyn - love the pink one!! So stuffed!! Gah!!! :)

Here is my Enchanted Evening.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Here is Elle.
    Carol

10 years ago

Elle is just beautiful! Never get tired of seeing her. Ebb Tide and Easter Basket are two that I like seeing also.

My picture isn't awesome, new plant, first flower, but it looks like I've managed to slip it in first. haha.

Edith Schurr

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

The EâÂÂs are quite EXCEPTIONAL!!! Edith Schurr is gorgeous! Also love English Perfume, Easter Basket, Enchanted Evening and everyoneâÂÂs ElleâÂÂs.
    Diane, Your Evelyn pics always make me wish for her, but IâÂÂve been afraid to try her for some reason. My Ebb Tide pic is from last year. Unfortunately, my ET suffered a lot of fungal issues with all our rain this year. It was finally starting to recover by end of season, but lots of cane loss and will probably take a couple of years to get back to its old self.
    Carol, My Electron smells greatâ¦hard to describe, but I would say kind of sweet and kind of old rose. SheâÂÂs a good bloomer for me, and her flowers are always perfect. IâÂÂve heard that she doesnâÂÂt bloom much for some, but she does perform well here...maybe she needs a lot of heat.
    Brittie, I would highly recommend Easy Going...never quits blooming and is the most disease resistant rose I grow. Eternal Flame does smell delicious, doesn't it...I didn't need another yellow rose, but couldn't resist that scent :)

10 years ago

Absolutely. Last year, I had a bud vase with blooms of Eternal Flame, Fragrant Cloud and Beverly and man that sucker was powerful! I had to move it away from my desk because it was giving me a headache.

And if you're going to twist my arm about Easy Going...

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

There are some EXCELLENT E roses. I'm having a serious case of rose envy right now, but I do realize most of mine are young and not well established. I won't name my favorites, because everyone of you have gorgeous roses! My first E rose is -

EUROPEANA

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

My second and final E rose is my baby own-root

EASY DOES IT

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Guys everybody's pics and blooms are just gorgeous!! I really like your EASTER BASKET Kate. Mine never ever looks like that! I guess I need to move it to a better location. Looks like EASY DOES IT is the most popular one. Or maybe it's ELLE. They're both great roses! Hmmm.. I just realized my EBB TIDE didn't bloom last yr. Bummer...

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Nice collection, Beth! English Perfume is really gorgeous.

Kate, I'm crazy about that Easter Basket!

I only have a few "E"s. Here's another one of Elle. It's an amazingly changeable rose.
    {{gwi:350390}}

English Sonnet

Eyeconic Pink Lemonade
    {{gwi:350391}}

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

I think this is one of Austin's exceptionally pretty shorter roses.

Eglantyne

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Lost this during one of our droughts, sigh.

Eureka

• inga007
    10 years ago

Eureka at last, but Beth all your blooms and everybody else's are absolutely adorable.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

nana and iris--your Eglantynes are just lovely! So sorry, iris, that you lost Eureka--another beauty.

seil--great pic of Elle. She certainly is a popular rose on this thread, isn't she. And to think I just accidentally picked mine up at a concrete Wal-Mart parking lot where most of the roses were being severely dehydrated. She's been a beautiful survivor in my garden. Yours seem to produce more apricot/orange highlights than mine do--but she's lovely in her ever-changing colors.

Sara--have faith that your two little beauties will grow up and become big bursting beauties soon!

Kate

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

GASP - that's an INCREDIBLE picture of Eureka!!!! Wow!!!

And Seil - what a lovely picture of Elle. Sigh.

Lovely everyone!
    Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I missed some of you when I wrote my earlier comments, and the photos posted since then certainly merit praise.
    I always love your photos of Easter Basket, Kate. What an adorable rose. Of course the photo of your lamented Eden is stunning, and I hope you find a beautiful replacement for her.
    Carol,your Elle's color is just exquisite. How I have overlooked this rose that is so popular? You asked about Eglantyne's scent--yes, it's luscious and reminds me of Evelyn's scent which is a little stronger.
    Sara-Ann, your baby Easy Does It looks great (I have a baby EDI, too). I think they should do well in our sun and heat.
    Seil, your English Sonnet is another one of those "works of art" pics--what wonderful color. And your pics of Eyeconic Pink Lemonade in HMF convinced me I had to have the ruffly charmer. Didn't you say it blooms a lot? I hope so.
    Iris, Eglantyne is exquisite, it can't be denied. I'm so sorry you lost Eureka. What a sumptuous beauty it was.
    Thanks for the lovely pics to be savored over and over again on these dreary days. I can't wait for the F's. Diane

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

nana, as I looked at the Eden pic after posting it on this thread, I realized I can't live without my Eden rose. Immediately put in an order for a new one for spring! And I'm so glad I did.

Of course, now I'll have an extra Ghislaine de Feligonde hybrid multiflora since the Eden will take its place--but I already figured out a new spot for Ghisy--a place where I never thought about growing a rose before, but it will be perfect.

So now I will have two new climbing roses in the spring--all because I posted Eden on this thread. LOL

Kate

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Nana and Iris--your pastel pink, fully packed Evelyn and Eglantyne are just lovely! DA's blooms are so beautiful and photogenic!

Brittie--your Edith--such a sweetheart. I love pale yellows lightly flushed with pink.

Kate

• Curdle 10a (Australia)
    10 years ago

Excellenz von Schubert - I looked this one up on HMF, and it seems that the Australian version may be different to the US version; I'm not sure which one this is..

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Oooooh!!! That E.V. Schubert is GORGEOUS!!!! Wow - it looks a lot like a lilac bush - but prettier. Does it repeat bloom? Wow! What a stunner.
    Carol

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

I can't believe it--how did I overlook my flashy beauty Earth Song--always gets visitors' attention!

Earth Song (grandiflora)--its the pink one, bottom right corner of the pic.
    {{gwi:259578}}

Better late then never, I guess. : )

Kate

• growing_rene2
    10 years ago

English Perfume is amazing. I haven't been able to find anything about it but I am hoping I can grow this one!

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Thanks, Nana! I really don't know why more people don't grow English Sonnet. It's one of my favorites! And I know you're going to LOVE EPL!

• Curdle 10a (Australia)
    10 years ago

From the Treloar garden..

The Endeavour

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Wow, Curdle, that's an Austin I've never heard of. It's beautiful!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Ooh, the Endeavor is stunning with those subtle blended colors, curdle. Is it really an Austin? Must put it on the "look up" list.
    Seil, I'm really looking forward to EPL, and I'm going to site it front and center for everyone to see its interesting (and pretty) new look.
    Diane

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hmmm... I could've sworn I posted something the other night. Musta forgot to hit the submit button! LOL (probably fell asleep and then just shut down the computer) Oh well...

What I was going to post was.... Rene, I got ENGLISH PERFUME from Roses Unlimited. I saw it one day a couple yrs ago on their list and fell in love with it. When I found out it was a J&P rose from 1999, I dug out my old J&P catalogs and discovered it had only been offered a yr or so. I guess I missed it because we were in the process of looking for a house between '99 and 2000, so I wasn't in a big rose buying mode then. I already had about 600 roses that we were going to have to move. So I guess I must've blinded myself to anything new those few yrs. I'm so glad RU is propagating it now. It's a real beauty. I don't really notice that strong of a scent tho.

Dang Curdle, your THE ENDEAVOR is gorgeous! I got one the first yr it was available, and it died on me. That's a bummer, cuz yours is just beautiful and makin' me wish I replaced it.

• Curdle 10a (Australia)
    10 years ago

Sorry to say that The Endeavour isnt mine. I visited the gardens at Treloars (one of the biggest mail order rose places in Australia), and there it was, looking lovely.

I think Austin named it after the ship, "the Endeavour" which was captained by James Cook during his exploratory trips around Australia. From what I understand, it was bred with the Australian climate in mind; it likes it hot and dry - I've heard some bad reviews of it blackspot wise, but it certainly looked healthy when I saw it growing. And after seeing it I'm very tempted to give it a try..like I don't have enough Austins already!

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    10 years ago

Excellenz von Schubert

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

Very pretty roses. Thx for posting!

• Kippy
    10 years ago

Elle

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

English Elegance from the Huntington