Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Roses "K"

bethnorcal9
11 years ago

OK, guess I'll start this one. Still don't have a lot of my re-tweaking done yet. I'm only up to the pics from May 6, I believe. Geesh. Some of the daily folders have over 100 pics in them. Takes me forever to fix them. And trying to re-ID them... OMG. Some I can't figure out for the life of me. Oh well.... Here's a handful of the k's:

KAMELEON
{{gwi:1198010}}

KISME
{{gwi:1198011}}

KUROSHINJU
{{gwi:1198012}}

KOKO LOCO
{{gwi:1198013}}

KETCHUP & MUSTARD
{{gwi:310371}}

KONFETTI
{{gwi:1198015}}

Comments (20)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Beth--Kisme and KUROSHINJU are both exquisite--one so pale and delicate and perfectly formed, the other so dark it is almost black--how rich and velvety!

But Ketchup and Mustard is nice too--I'm partial to those red/yellow reverses.

Sorry folks, but right off hand, I can't think of any "K" roses in my garden. : (

Kate

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

I have no K's, either. Beth, I think these photos are some of your best. Kameleon is quite beautiful, but it's unique coloring sets it apart from the mere lovely. I totally agree that Kisme and Kuroshinju are stunning, but such opposites, with one looking like porcelain, and the other dramatic, dark velvet. Thanks so much for posting, and getting things rolling again through the depths of January (coldest in years for us--just miserable. Diane

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Lovely, Beth! My faves are Kameleon and Konfetti!

I only have two K's.

Koko Loco

And, of course, Knock Out!

• the_dark_lady
    11 years ago

Beautiful roses, Beth and Seil!
    Love that Kameleon and Kuroshinju, and Koko Loco is breathtaking!

I have very few K's:

Karl Foerster
    {{gwi:1198021}}

Kathryn Morley
    {{gwi:1198023}}

Keith's Delight
    {{gwi:1198025}}

{{gwi:1198026}}

Kew Gardens
    {{gwi:1198027}}

Kronborg Castle
    {{gwi:1198028}}

Kronprincesse Mary
    {{gwi:1198029}}

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Kathryn Morely's a beauty!

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    11 years ago

I have two, but only a photo of one: here is Konigen von Danemark

{{gwi:282660}}

Kordes Perfecta is my other "K" rose and I can't find any photos that I've taken, shame on me! It is a great rose for filling vases in summer. Guess I've been too busy cutting and forgot about "snapping"! ;-) I'll try to do better in my new garden this year.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Lovely, lovely pic of Kathryn Morley--half the success of David Austin roses is---I sometimes think--due to how photogenic they are!

I like Kronburg Castle mixed in with that pink and that white rose--very appealing!

Kate

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Such pretty roses :) I especially love Kameleon and Keith's Delight. I'm working on a Burlington order, I may have to add Keith's Delight...I was pondering over it last last before I even saw your picture :)

Konigen von Danemark looks so delicate..very pretty also!

Tammy

Not too many "K" roses here either...

Koko Loco
    {{gwi:1198031}}

Kim Rupert
    {{gwi:1198033}}

Ketchup and Mustard
    {{gwi:1198034}}

....and Knockout (yellow and pink...or is that red?? it's an old picture! lol...and the bush is GONE!)
    {{gwi:1198035}}

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Here I am, trying to catch up again, while more and more great photos keep being posted.
    Seil, that Koko Loco photo of yours is absolute perfection. I need to look that rose up again.
    Marina, Keith's Delight is certainly appealing and eyecatching with its multicolor look, and Kronborg Castle is a stunning red.
    annececilia, Konigen von Danemark is such a luscious, petal packed rose.
    Tammy, I also love your Koko Loco. The color is really something. Thanks everyone for posting. Diane

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    11 years ago

I'll throw in a few here. The first is Kleopatra.

A picture from a few years ago of Kordes' Brillant.

{{gwi:308466}}

The last one is a Kordes' Perfecta from last year.

I hope you like these. Good pictures from this year were few.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Lol, Kate, I think you've discovered Austin's secret! Doesn't matter how good the plant is just make sure the blooms are picture perfect and they'll sell. It's definitely sold me a time or two, lol!

I have to look for that Kim Rupert, Tammy, it's so pretty!

Bustopher, LOVE that Kordes Perfecta but I've never been able to get one to grow for me.

• Karolina11
    11 years ago

That Kordes Brilliant is gorgeous! Love colors like that!

• harborrose_pnw
    11 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen Kordes Perfecta before - love the coloring of it. It's hard for me to love a rose named Koko Loko, but gee, the colors on it from your pictures are really beautiful. Kuroshinju looks like dark red velvet, just beautiful.

I have almost nothing to contribute - Kaiserin Auguste Victoria which won't bloom for me, a tall skinny stick with a few leaves ... and Koenigen van Danemark for which most of my close up shots are blurry, but here's a bush shot of it. I like this rose and look forward to it every spring.

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    11 years ago

What a lovely shot of the whole plant, Harborrose! It perfectly shows off that "vase shape."

Thanks for including your Kordes Perfecta, Bustopher. Seil, I can't imagine it not growing for you - wonder why not. Mine is one of the healthiest plants and most prolific repeat bloomers in my garden - at zone 4 no less! I got it as a free-bee and it has been one terrific rose.

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Haborrose, look at all the buds!!! I bet it is beautiful in full bloom! I agree with AnneCecilia, lovely vase shape to her :)

And Bustopher, that Kordes Perfecta...wowsers! What great color!

Tammy

This post was edited by TNY78 on Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 7:50

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Love the Ks!!!

Gah!! Koko Loco - such beautiful photos!!!

Thanks everyone!!
    Carol

• Joyce91
    11 years ago

lovin me some Koko Loco. May have to somehow find some room!

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

You won't be sorry if you do, Joyce!

• lezro
    11 years ago

Gorgeous. A pic-tip: every time you move from one plant to another, shoot the name tag before you move on. I always think "oh I'll know"...and can't remember when I go to edit the pics months later. But if I shoot the tag...tada!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Duh (slaps hand to forehead)--of course I have some "K's"--I have two Knock Outs (the double ones). Took me this long to remember that. How's that for slow on the up-take?

Double Knock Out
    {{gwi:228924}}

I'm actually not very partial to KOs--blooms aren't much to look at, but the Double KOs are half-way decent. Of course, if you want color or disease-resistance, they are unbeatable. I like beautiful bloom also--but don't object to having a couple KOs in the garden since they are so reliable.

Note: This pic is of one of my Double KOs--the other one, in the front yard, is identical. The second rose in the background in this picture is Cherry Parfait, not KO.

Kate